How to Guide on Streaming Live to Facebook with a Canon DSLR

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I broadcast my reef tank live to Facebook I used my smartphone. It was very easy but the quality just wasn't close to what I was hoping for so I decided to do some research to find a way to use my Canon DSLR to broadcast a high quality stream live to Facebook.

Some of the options required pricey hardware and software but I found a very cheap solution that works great and allows me to leverage all the benefits of shooting video with a DSLR.

So here is my step by step guide....it took a lot of work but I wanted to share it in case others are interested in doing the same.

djd3mon

Reefing since 2016!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no volume currently so please excuse me if you mentioned this in the video. How can I stream live video in youtube?

I have SparkoCam and OBS.

When I stream it is so choppy that it looks more like im streaming a photo and not a video.

I am using a Canon T4i with Canon f2.8 L Macro lens

I will be home later today to watch this with volume.

Thanks.

OP
OP
ReefBum

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no volume currently so please excuse me if you mentioned this in the video. How can I stream live video in youtube?

I have SparkoCam and OBS.

When I stream it is so choppy that it looks more like im streaming a photo and not a video.

I am using a Canon T4i with Canon f2.8 L Macro lens

I will be home later today to watch this with volume.

Thanks.
This happened to me when I streamed to Facebook using OBS. The trick I learned is to not totally mute the sound coming out of my desktop. When I was on mute I would get the buffering and choppiness but when I went with one bar of sound it streamed just fine. Perhaps this will work with your setup when streaming to YouTube live.

djd3mon

Reefing since 2016!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me when I streamed to Facebook using OBS. The trick I learned is to not totally mute the sound coming out of my desktop. When I was on mute I would get the buffering and choppiness but when I went with one bar of sound it streamed just fine. Perhaps this will work with your setup when streaming to YouTube live.

Thank you I will try this today.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 113 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 130 48.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.0%
Back