How to organise equipment when cycling?

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm starting the cycle on a Innovative Marine SR 60, and I'm not sure whether I should remove the skimmer and reactor during the cycle, or just leave them off and in the filtration compartments?

What did everyone else do when cycling their aio tanks?

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm starting the cycle on a Innovative Marine SR 60, and I'm not sure whether I should remove the skimmer and reactor during the cycle, or just leave them off and in the filtration compartments?

Yes. Unneeded.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let me specify, get them all in there where you want them, and test run them for a moment, then turn them off until you start that ugly phase, then maybe start everything up, id wait on the reactor until you have stock.

OP
OP
LeonardTheWrasse

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer has been used before, and I've tested all the equipment overnight in a large bucket to check everything.

I'll be leaving the skimmer off during the cycle as that's what the cycling bacteria I'm using instructs.
I was just curious as to whether I should remove the equipment, or just leave them off during the cycle as to not cause too much water displacement.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer has been used before, and I've tested all the equipment overnight in a large bucket to check everything.

I'll be leaving the skimmer off during the cycle as that's what the cycling bacteria I'm using instructs.
I was just curious as to whether I should remove the equipment, or just leave them off during the cycle as to not cause too much water displacement.
ok then......
Just leave them off.....

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back