How to put Orphek Or3 into pairing mode?

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know how to put an Orphek Or3 bar into pairing mode? The app doesn't see it.

The app says "For lighting devices, the reset method is to switch the power of the device three or five times (on-off-on-off-on) until the light starts flashing, and the device enters the waiting network mode. (There should be a 2-4 second interval between each on and off)."

Tried that several times but no luck.

Then the app suggests that I add it manually, but the list of devices includes smart plugs, garage door openers, smart speakers and window shades. Nothing that looks remotely like a reef light. I'm stumped.

OP
OP
mosreef

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh. I think I may have purchased the wrong light. It looks like these Orphek LED bars are off/on only.

I didn’t understand that, and am looking for a very subtle “fill light” to take down the shimmer of my kessils a tiny bit and fill in some shadowing.

Does anybody know if there is a way to dim it / control spectrum with my apex?

Or alternatively can you recommend a bar light that has a dimmer & spectrum controller?

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh. I think I may have purchased the wrong light. It looks like these Orphek LED bars are off/on only.

I didn’t understand that, and am looking for a very subtle “fill light” to take down the shimmer of my kessils a tiny bit and fill in some shadowing.

Does anybody know if there is a way to dim it / control spectrum with my apex?

Or alternatively can you recommend a bar light that has a dimmer & spectrum controller?
You have to purchase their new controller for the OR3 bars. The old version like I have doesnt have the updated led boards either. So if you picked up second hand , theres a good chance they arent the new version and you will have to swap the internals yourself to work with the new controller.

I did consider the new system; controller, single power supply.

It is sorta pricey. I use mine with smart timers and 100% intensity.

OP
OP
mosreef

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So frustrated. Contacted Orphek, and they sent me a user manual (which I had already read) instructed to push the reset button four times. There is no reset button.

Been fiddling with this thing for a day and a half - installing it, getting it level, trying to get it to pair with the app, etc

Now I find out I need a controller. Search for this mysterious controller everywhere. Not sold anywhere the or3 is sold.

Figured out that you can only buy this controller by contacting them by email. 7 more emails back and forth before I got all the relevant information about said controller.

Still waiting for an email back about how I actually purchase it. And wondering if I'll even be able to get it to pair if I do buy it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back