How to use multi reference solution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like how much do I use? Example if I want to test accuracy of my DKH tester. Do I add this in to the test kit I am using and should read 6.6? Confused how to use this.

Like the Kh Carer or Alkatronic if I put this in the beaker instead of my tank water and supposed to read 6.6?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to feed it into your tester, but you would need to purge the line prime it with the solution, and then perform a test. Given how much seawater my KH carer uses this would be an expensive way to calibrate. I normally confirm my Hanna results with a reference solution and then calibrate my KH carer to match my Hanna.

It is also important to note that IMO I don't really care if my Alk is 8.0, 9.0, or 10.0 I just don't want it swinging throughout the day and I want to know if it suddenly goes up or down indicating something is malfunctioning or the corals are stressed. I wouldn't get too stressed out with the test's accuracy It is much more important that the tester is consistent.

OP
OP
T

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok with my salifert kit using reference solution I got 7.20dkh the bottle says 6.6 a difference of +0.6. My tank water reads 10.26 so do I take off 0.6?

or do I do a calculation?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it. I would say at the time of testing your tank was at 9.66. I have a KH Carer so what you would do is test with your Salifert kit and start a KH test at the same time. look at the Salifert test and deduct .6. Then go into the KH calibration function of the KH carer and enter the number after the test you started is completed.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back