OP
OP
P

polancoeddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 foot, ill throw my whole tank out. Sorry my mistake. I was looking into the bottle trap im confuse on how the worm can go in and not find his way out the same hole? Do I need to place the bottle laying down or sitting straight up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lay the bottle down maybe with a few pieces of live rock rubble in it to keep it along the sand.

Finnaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other guy claims he has a seven foot worm that he never noticed ... Yr tank better be 400 g to not notice that

When it only comes out at night and can disappear back into a rock in the blink of an eye its hard to notice. I would have to sneak up on the tank to see it and it took a while to actually identify it and realize that the worm was killing my acros. It never showed itself during the day or when lights were on. It would stretch out of his rock and across the tank and was as fat as a sharpie and it was in my 180.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 foot, ill throw my whole tank out. Sorry my mistake. I was looking into the bottle trap im confuse on how the worm can go in and not find his way out the same hole? Do I need to place the bottle laying down or sitting straight up?

I used a small Tupperware container with tight fitting lid. Cut several small X's in in the lid. Push the X's in so that the points protrude inwards. But not to much as to leave a big enough opening. The worm can get in but it can't get out without getting pricked. They don't like getting pricked :) make sure to use a strong smelling bait, freeze dried krill worked great for me. You could also add a nylon stocking piece in the mix.
I caught over 100 in less then 24hrs using this method! Happy hunting :)

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a small Tupperware container with tight fitting lid. Cut several small X's in in the lid. Push the X's in so that the points protrude inwards. But not to much as to leave a big enough opening. The worm can get in but it can't get out without getting pricked. They don't like getting pricked :) make sure to use a strong smelling bait, freeze dried krill worked great for me. You could also add a nylon stocking piece in the mix.
I caught over 100 in less then 24hrs using this method! Happy hunting :)
good idea

OP
OP
P

polancoeddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught him!!!!! Haha. I just got home from work made a bristle bottle trap lay it down for one minute and saw him in the the front conner of my tank coming to the bottle. I didnt take no channce and scooped him up with the bottle and placed him in hot water. He shrunk to the size of a penny. I added brime shrimp that I feed to my fishes inside the bottle here is the picture. I never turned on the light fyi.

OP
OP
P

polancoeddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help everyone!! Dont know what I would do without this forum.. I cut the bristle worm by mistake.

Attachments

• 1412055110078.jpg
    1412055110078.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 1412055128163.jpg
    1412055128163.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 197

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not a bristle worm. I cant remember the real name but its a type of fire worm. You definitely need to get it out of there before it destroys your tank. Trust me on this. Mine would only come out at night and eat my acros and grew to about 7' plus before I noticed it. It eventually went thru the sump an got chewed up by the return pump and crashed my tank. Those worms are bad news. Good Luck!
Eucinid rock work is what your thinking I believe. Had a battle with one not pretty be happy it was just a fire worm glad you got him out

OP
OP
P

polancoeddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was thinking if they were more in the tank. Ive never seen any more, if they are more than they are to small for me to care.

dbp99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get It Out - I had one and It expanded to about 4 feet. If you touch It get your medical card out and head to ER. I caught my with a net as it was out In a spot that
I could scoop it up. Then dispose of it far away!!! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back