HUGO!!! WHAT THE HECK is THIS???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the frag I received. I'd have to check my notes for when I got it. It sure is encrusting nicely. Starting to see a bit of green come out of the base as well. It seems to have a feeding response when the tank is fed as seen in this pic.
20180515_195121.jpg
20180515_195208.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I heard that Snipper's Blue is the same as ORA's plum crazy.
You heard wrong. The plum crazy can get purples and pinks in it. The snipers blue is a deep blue with possibly some hints of green. No traces of purple or pink.

I have never actually seen the plum in person, but I don't believe they are the same piece

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You heard wrong. The plum crazy can get purples and pinks in it. The snipers blue is a deep blue with possibly some hints of green. No traces of purple or pink.
I may have heard wrong, however, my BC Sniper's blue frag was deep blue with a bit of green under T5s. When I moved it to a larger tank with leds, it turned an equally beautiful plum purple and grew into a nice sized colony. Unfortunately, it nearly succumbed to red bugs and, although I have thoroughly eradicated that crappy little pestilence, the colony is still struggling to recover. And get this, what's left has turned bright green. Go figure.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry for crappy quality - just a couple pics I have of mine I found on my phone. I’ll try to get a more recent shot up.
923271F7-2F3F-4A5C-8790-B0617D897B29.jpeg

582C804D-A31B-4424-AB1A-101C66E86752.jpeg

That looks awesome! thanks for sharing. It's been a pretty fast grower for me as well, once it hit critical mass

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple more pictures - one with no flash and the second a flash on shot....sorry, I am not good with camera, but wanted to provide both perspectives to give you a sense of what I see. From my perspective, just glancing at the coral in my tank with the naked eye, it looks awesome...which really means something, I can't pull colors like Adam, as I am a lazy reefer, running a bare bones 15-20 year old Red Sea Max 250d aio system (or I just don't have the skill). It is a little more green then I would like at the moment...I have been lazy on water changes and keeping nutrients down, but once I get them down, the green fades and the blue/purple becomes a little more intense with the base becoming a little lighter.

Great coral - seems to have been bulletproof for me.

Stupid crab.
DSC04566.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Couple more pictures - one with no flash and the second a flash on shot....sorry, I am not good with camera, but wanted to provide both perspectives to give you a sense of what I see. From my perspective, just glancing at the coral in my tank with the naked eye, it looks awesome...which really means something, I can't pull colors like Adam, as I am a lazy reefer, running a bare bones 15-20 year old Red Sea Max 250d aio system (or I just don't have the skill). It is a little more green then I would like at the moment...I have been lazy on water changes and keeping nutrients down, but once I get them down, the green fades and the blue/purple becomes a little more intense with the base becoming a little lighter.

Great coral - seems to have been bulletproof for me.

Stupid crab.
DSC04566.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

I like the green tones in there actually! that colony looks amazing to me!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a frag of this in my Battle Box last week. it is a beautiful piece, and I'm so happy that Adam picked it for me!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the final decision on the name Adam?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, woah, woah, look at this guy here trying to get a leg up on us, lol.

Kinda surprised it took so long for someone from the grow out contest to notice this.

Disclaimer(hope this doesn't disqualify me);

I do have this growing in my tank already. I'll make sure to post side by side comparison pics so everyone can see the difference in my existing frag vs what I get in 2 weeks. Should be a noticeable difference for sure as I've had this for some months now.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda surprised it took so long for someone from the grow out contest to notice this.

Disclaimer(hope this doesn't disqualify me);

I do have this growing in my tank already. I'll make sure to post side by side comparison pics so everyone can see the difference in my existing frag vs what I get in 2 weeks. Should be a noticeable difference for sure as I've had this for some months now.
Adam's colony had to be ginormous as he said he cut all frags from the same colony. Maybe place yours at different par levels and see what happens. As long as you post the pic of the same corals each time, it's no issues.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back