Hydra FiftyTwo fan replacement

Dextar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

The fan on one of my Hydra’s just lost a blade (probably my bad, I bumped it while it was running), so it’ll need replacing.
I know I can get a fan for the HD variant locally, but this is the older version.

Does anyone know if these are interchangeable? I’m guessing not so much looking at product pictures, but thought I’d ask.

As I’m not in the US, ordering from AI directly is an option but as shipping is 3x the price of the fan, it’s not a favorite.

Grtz,

Paul

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

The fan on one of my Hydra’s just lost a blade (probably my bad, I bumped it while it was running), so it’ll need replacing.
I know I can get a fan for the HD variant locally, but this is the older version.

Does anyone know if these are interchangeable? I’m guessing not so much looking at product pictures, but thought I’d ask.

As I’m not in the US, ordering from AI directly is an option but as shipping is 3x the price of the fan, it’s not a favorite.

Grtz,

Paul
Yea good luck with the fan. PIc gives you some dimensions to se if you can match w/ anything.
Picked image off a store on the internet and listed as a replacement fan.
YMMV

hydra52fan.JPG

Fans so small. I know international shipping isn't cheap but shouldn't be horrible.

Have you tried like some Euro/UK stores that carry AI "stuff"?
Shipping should be better..

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all,

Grtz,

Paul
I have an ai vega I use for parts and I can take off the fan for you. You're in the Netherlands? I'll be visiting my in- laws in UK in middle of July. I can it and post it when I'm there

OP
OP
Dextar

Dextar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea good luck with the fan. PIc gives you some dimensions to se if you can match w/ anything.
Picked image off a store on the internet and listed as a replacement fan.
YMMV

hydra52fan.JPG

Fans so small. I know international shipping isn't cheap but shouldn't be horrible.

Have you tried like some Euro/UK stores that carry AI "stuff"?
Shipping should be better..
I actually found the fan itself as a GPU cooler, but the issue is the altered casing (the wide bit). The fab broke just before closing, but my LFS will be in touch with the dutch AI importer to see what they have in stock or can get.

If worse comes to worse I may end up ordering 2 new fans directly from Ai, just to have an extra spare. $60 shipping for 2 $18 fans just sounds better than for just the 1

OP
OP
Dextar

Dextar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ai vega I use for parts and I can take off the fan for you. You're in the Netherlands? I'll be visiting my in- laws in UK in middle of July. I can it and post it when I'm there
That is heartwarmingly nice of you I hope to have it sorted before then though as the noise drives me up the wall.

Some superglue seems to work as a temp fix so far, combined with lowering my settings for now to lessen the need for the fan a bit.

Jari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Grtz,

Paul
I guess this might be ok even though it is a HD version. Support at Mrutzek will respond if you want to be sure and ask.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back