Hydros or neptune

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have to go up to Puerto Rico and right now all I have on my tank is a INKBIRD camera and that it and it is only a 30 display with a sump and I am trying to find what is the best bag for buck. Thanks

Neither. What do you think you will accomplish on short notice (if it is short). You should never do any changes on a Friday or before you are traveling.

My suggestion is to document what to do if something happens and have family or neighbors know where it is. Also a quick over view for them would be helpful. Last resort is to hire someone to check in or be available if something was to happen. Maybe tank maintenance or LFS can assist you here. Also spares - return pump, power head, heater, and note location where they are. Label cords. This is a must.

Honestly you will get more piece of mind this way. In my opinion (see, we all have them and I didn't even mention a controller), this should be first on your list. Then if you want a controller for later my recommendation then is to:

Make a list of what you want to accomplish
Today, tomorrow, and in the future
Look to see what products are in their ecosystem
Look at what third party products can be controlled via their modules
Hardwire, wireless, vs your home network and coverage
Expandability
Support - local to you, don't care, etc

TL; DR - if you haven't done do document what to do should something happen. Have spare water already made and ready to go. Have RODI water made. Make sure you have food. NO CHANGE BEFORE LEAVING OR ON A FRIDAY.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Hydros. Been using their equipment for the last 2 years (X3, X4, WaveController, and 2 XP8's), and haven't had any issues. Super simple to setup, and has been reliable.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back