Hydros problems

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. I was making a point about the necessity of an internet connection.
You need internet to communicate with the controllers using the app like a lot of IOT devices. The app connects to the internet to get the information on the internet address of the controllers otherwise you would need a ddns service and you would have to do a lot of setup in your router to make them available over the internet. Using the cloud to do that with the app makes it a lot easier on someone that does not have a lot of knowledge on setting up things for access from the internet. The controllers will continue to operate without the internet connection and you can still connect as long as you have a phone that has mobile internet so you can log in by selecting bluetooth in the app. You would have to be local to the controllers. I was without internet for 5 days straight and the controllers continue to work without any issues during that time but I own my own router so my wifi is not a part of the service providers equipment. So local wifi continued to work the only thing missing was the internet.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back