I just got a baby blue tang, its maybe half an inch long. I had 2 healthy zoas that were thriving in my tank, and now the tang is nipping on it!

SoFloReefer55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a baby blue tang, its maybe half an inch long. I had 2 healthy zoas that were thriving in my tank, and now the tang is nipping on it! it is only nipping on the stump of 1 of my zoas, but the zoa is closed because the blue tang won't leave it alone, the tang spends a majority of its time swimming around that zoa and nipping on the stump. Is there anything I can do? This is my first ever zoa and it was doing so well. I don't want it to get ruined. Please help!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take the tang back to the store

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it sounds like the Zoa is a goner if you don’t .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just got a baby blue tang, its maybe half an inch long. I had 2 healthy zoas that were thriving in my tank, and now the tang is nipping on it! it is only nipping on the stump of 1 of my zoas, but the zoa is closed because the blue tang won't leave it alone, the tang spends a majority of its time swimming around that zoa and nipping on the stump. Is there anything I can do? This is my first ever zoa and it was doing so well. I don't want it to get ruined. Please help!
At small size, they tend to be more nippy. often at times they are chasing food or algae with no intent of destruction but it turns out that way. Offer nori on a clip as a distraction from coral

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back