I want it done and I want it done now.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously guys,I hate my 125,and I want it gone now,I hate this tank with a passion and I want it out of my house NOW!Seriously.

Since the buyers of the tank,backed out,which is OK,I understand their problems,I want this tank out!I have decided I want to cut it down to a smaller tank,into a cube.

I can make a nice lil cube with it if Im not mistaken!

I could make a 22x22 cube by around 18 tall?

Anyone see any problems with this?

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be harder than you think.

1). Remove top/bottom trim. You have to shave the top of the trim until the silicone is extracted enough so the trim can be removed. This alone will take far more than a few hours. (I speak from experience)

2). Disassemble the glass and completely scrape all the silicone from all the panels of glass.

3). Take glass to local glass shop and have them cut down. I just had a few panels but down they were 1/2" thick with flat polished edges $35 to cut 1" x 24" off....

4). Prep the tank for assembly. Get clamps, and clean all contact points with alcohol to remove any oils and etc.

5). Assemble the tank. You have to get the perfect amount of silicone in between the contact points, to ensure strength of the new tank.

6). Let it dry and cure for at least 24 hours.

IMHO It's worth it to just order new panels of glass and sell/ditch the 125.

my .02

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I get a rimless tank shipped to me?I have to get rid of the 125 first,this is the final straw with it...Im done with it for sure,and I want it OUT!

I dont want a glass cages tank or anything like that I just want a tank...

NaplesAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any rimless tank you order that's a custom size will be like a Glass Cages tank (only better, I hope). CadLights Artisan series is decent, but you pay for it. Greenleaf does some nice rimless if you want smaller sizes. ZeroEdge is great if you have a dealer near you.

Jeff

Hahnmeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 125 is still worth more in one piece and you are better off selling it and buying another if you want. What is soooo bad about the 125 anyways? Thats one of my favorite tank sizes... 6' long so you can keep just about any fish, lots of viewing space, not too high for easy reaching, easy to light with 6 of the 5' T5 bulbs... what went wrong?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%

Back