Ick?

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I saw the powder scratch on rocks a few times. Best used in conjunction with Rally. I have a feeling your going to need a lot of it. The Rally is .5 oz per 5 gallons. Im interested in seeing how this treatment goes. Its an expensive way to go, and not well trusted around here. Good luck sending positive waves your way!

OP
OP
B

brandon20164

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1481386462.596379.jpg

Spots seem to be slowly going away. No hard breathing.

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I treated my tank when my Hippo Tang came down with Ich. Note that I'm not suggesting this is a cure, but this is what I did and my Tang lived years after the Ich.

I used Metronidazole and Focus during every feeding. I soaked the food in garlic, Selcon (1 drop only), and a liquid multi-vitamin. I also added a cleaner shrimp - the Tang will find the cleaner shrimp.

Good Luck!

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems today he's looking a little better. Fingers crossed
Just remember, with both organisms, they drop off the fish and reattach as they go through their life cycle. Feed heavy and give fish every opportunity to build up good immune systems. If it were me, would just remove and treat. Not worth losing such a beautiful fish. I know it is a hassle, trust me, going through it ATM. But in long run, it will pay off. If you wait to see if this treatment works, and then he gets worse, it will be most likely too late to initiate QT treatment. Start setting up the QT now so that you are ready to act if needed. Good luck

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember, with both organisms, they drop off the fish and reattach as they go through their life cycle. Feed heavy and give fish every opportunity to build up good immune systems. If it were me, would just remove and treat. Not worth losing such a beautiful fish. I know it is a hassle, trust me, going through it ATM. But in long run, it will pay off. If you wait to see if this treatment works, and then he gets worse, it will be most likely too late to initiate QT treatment. Start setting up the QT now so that you are ready to act if needed. Good luck

+1 Well said!

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+2

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I treated my tank when my Hippo Tang came down with Ich. Note that I'm not suggesting this is a cure, but this is what I did and my Tang lived years after the Ich.

I used Metronidazole and Focus during every feeding. I soaked the food in garlic, Selcon (1 drop only), and a liquid multi-vitamin. I also added a cleaner shrimp - the Tang will find the cleaner shrimp.

Good Luck!
How did you administer the Metronidazole ?. I have a large reef and with tons of fish. I ether start over and tear it down so i can catch the fish or I try and manage it. IT SUCKS

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you administer the Metronidazole ?. I have a large reef and with tons of fish. I ether start over and tear it down so i can catch the fish or I try and manage it. IT SUCKS
You mix it with dry food along with Focus, a Seachem product. You need to feed it to your fish for at least 2 weeks. I'm not really sure that this is going to cure your fish though. It sucks less to do what you need to do and catch the fish than to lose them all IMO.

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I mixed them with water and turned the flow off as I fed - made sure that the fish swam through the Metro and Focus. As others have noted - Management vs Cure - but I was in a similar situation, would have had to tear my tank down to get the Tang out and didn't have a QT tank at the time (I do now!).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back