ICP-Analysis Results

Tileboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

What a great forum!
I received my test results back from ICP- Analysis Friday. I would like some input from the Forum about the results. Especially look forward to feed back from Randy Holmes- Farley. In readying the Forums over the last few months. I find your input to very helpful and extremely interesting.

In looking at my results I know I have a strontium problem due to a miss setting of the doser that I didn't catch till the bottle contents where Gone!

Now does anyone have any suggestions how to return the strontium to some more acceptable perimeters? Besides stop the doser and water changes.

The inhabitants of the 135 Gal mixed reef seem to be doing well. The aquarium has been set up since 6/13/2017.

Thanks

Attachments

• Tank Report 9-15-2017 2_42_43 PM.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 189

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, glad you like the forum!

There's no way to adjust strontium downward except by long term waiting or water changes. I'd be inclined to just wat it out unless you see a problem with hard corals.

The salinity looks low, and raising it will bring up most of the things you care about (calcium, magnesium sulfate, potassium, etc.) :)

What do you think it is and how are you measuring it?

OP
OP
Tileboss

Tileboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your feedback Yeah I really find of figured the water change route was in my future to lower the Strontium. The Hard corals do not show any sign that the high Sr is causing a problem. The only sign of real stress is a4.5X4 XL AWESOME VERY RARE YELLOW RIMMED ULTRA AUSTRALIAN "DRAGON SOUL REVERSE PRIZM FAVIA That's what this piece was sold tome as. I self diagnosed as its experiencing bleaching. When I first acclimated I positioned it under a ledge. The area exposed to the most light started bleaching. So I moved it under the coralscape. It has improved under lower light conditions. I searched all forums about the Dragons Soul. There seemed to be little consensuses on lighting for this coral.

20170912_123911[1].jpg

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that your calcium is probally 460+\- not 360. I had mine done the same day, minutes apart from yours, and it was 100 lower in all test than my rs and salifert test.

I have a coral like that and it seams to do best in low lighting sub 100 par and med-low flow.

OP
OP
Tileboss

Tileboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that your calcium is probally 460+\- not 360. I had mine done the same day, minutes apart from yours, and it was 100 lower in all test than my rs and salifert test.

I have a coral like that and it seams to do best in low lighting sub 100 par and med-low flow.

That just floors me. I had sent the test water in 5 days prior to emailing them tomorrow inquire what gives on the delay. I had read In another thread some had sent his water off to triton to be tested and received them back in 5 days. I'm thinking GR vs CO. Should be a NO brainer. There reply vindicated they where suffering form power issues.
Know you're saying possible results maybe Eschewed.
I was really looking for a good baseline or control #. To begin using an I-dip570 marine testing kit.
Kinda has me just going Hmmm.
I have one more test vial. I'll give it one more go.

Thanks for playing along

TB

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back