ICP-MS for different salts

Alazo1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done an icp-ms on mixed salts?. I know that there is alot of icp-oes for a variety of salts but I'm looking more for the minor elements that usually icp-oes does not measure.

That I know of Fauna marin professional salt has icp-ms results for different batches.

Thanks,
Albert

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it was icp OES.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done an icp-ms on mixed salts?. I know that there is alot of icp-oes for a variety of salts but I'm looking more for the minor elements that usually icp-oes does not measure.

That I know of Fauna marin professional salt has icp-ms results for different batches.

Thanks,
Albert

Is there a different link for the ICP-MS results?

The method in the linked ones was "39 g/l salt in osmosis water 35 psu analysed using ICP-OES"

OP
OP
A

Alazo1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KStatefan, I was not aware that the Fauna Marin salt was an oes test and not an ms.

I thought since the "micronutrients" section had values that it was an icp-ms test.
In looking at my old Triton oes tests those values are "0.00 µg/l" which I thought were there because oes does not seem to detect those values.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back