ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3526.jpeg
IMG_3527.jpeg
IMG_3528.jpeg
Any ideas, looks like a light brown with dark brown in it. Also was on the bottom of a elegance frag plug that just peeled, so curious if this could’ve caused it?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_3526.jpeg
IMG_3527.jpeg
IMG_3528.jpeg
Any ideas, looks like a light brown with dark brown in it. Also was on the bottom of a elegance frag plug that just peeled, so curious if this could’ve caused it?
They are limpets, algae cleaners so they wouldn't have caused the elegance death. I have them around as well.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first things kinda look like sand skaters. Very flat isopods easily mistaken for flatworms. Harmless detritus-eaters, and a fun little novelty.

The things in your sump are limpets. They do have a shell, but it's a shallow cone rather than a spiral. The tiny ones should be harmless- never heard of those little white ones hurting anything.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Also any idea on these things in my sump? Look like shell less snails almost,
IMG_3529.jpeg
IMG_3531.jpeg
Shelless snails would be stomatella snails, great hitchhiker. One way to tell would be to pluck one out and on your hand if it moves fast it is a stomatella. Don't grab it by the shell though, they can come off and it will kill it.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first things kinda look like sand skaters. Very flat isopods easily mistaken for flatworms. Harmless detritus-eaters, and a fun little novelty.

The things in your sump are limpets. They do have a shell, but it's a shallow cone rather than a spiral. The tiny ones should be harmless- never heard of those little white ones hurting anything.
Thanks for the info

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shelless snails would be stomatella snails, great hitchhiker. One way to tell would be to pluck one out and on your hand if it moves fast it is a stomatella. Don't grab it by the shell though, they can come off and it will kill it.
Ehh no harm to me ill leave it. Just amazed with turning on my sump light for the first time in quite a few weeks, and its a whole different tank down there. So many little critters. Love it!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back