ID these 2 fish please!!!!

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 rescues one is a snowflake eel I’m pretty sure, other one I have no clue and he’s super stressed and no colors
IMG_3553.jpeg
IMG_3554.jpeg

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what it means one the eel’s head is by the surface of the water and he as stuck its head out a couple of times? Is it going to escape? i have a lid but there is a couple of openings and I’m really scared cuz I CANNOT pick that thing up. Gives me the heebie jeebies lol

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get the lemon drop ID? They don't typically have dark stripes...
I asked the guy I got it from, unless he got sold the wrong one. I’m just utterly confused as all of you. I’m thinking no way this thing is gunna turn nice yellow, with the current colors

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the guy I got it from, unless he got sold the wrong one. I’m just utterly confused as all of you. I’m thinking no way this thing is gunna turn nice yellow, with the current colors
I'm guessing he got sold the wrong fish... I'm 99% sure it's the Staghorn damsel, the one that ispeakfortheseas posted pictures of...

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's definitely not a Lemon Drop Damsel (Pomacentrus moluccensis); the fish is 100% from the Amblyglyphidodon genus - if the striping disappears as the fish relaxes, then it may not be A. curacao; similar striping can be seen on A. aureus sometimes and reportedly, as Fishfreak2009 said, on A. ternatensis.

Personally, I'd guess in that order, but- regardless- it's definitely not a Lemon Drop.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I woke up to this
image000001.jpeg
whixh yes is the ******* eel on the ground. I’m not sure how I taped all the openings but my one guess is the exit of the hang on back filter made the smallest opening and it has to be there. So now not taking a SINGLE CAMN CHANCE.
IMG_3556.jpeg

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that just a quarantine system?

And I second the question, is the eel alright?
Quarantine / I wasn't expecting to get it and put up a old 20 gal I had in a night. He seems okay was a little tough and dry but he hit the water and swam right down to the rocks I put in for him.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.1%
Back