I'm finally THERE!!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy saying I shouldn't have natural animals in my tank but look what you have and how healthy it is!
First of all don’t bring me into your post because people are disagreeing with you. 90% of my anemones are now captive bred . As I said before getting anything a chiller is a must.
And check your laws in France to see what you can remove. Most of my posts are now at the rock pools photos of what ii see and put back were ii found them I am trying to show people what is out there in are Rock pools. There is a saying don’t put it in the shop window for everyone too look at
If you are interested in Rock pooling join are group it is called Rock Pool Reef keepers and I will let you in. I have been keeping reef tanks since the late 80s so ii know how to give a proper environment in an aquarium. Good luck with your journey and remember a chiller you’re looking for at least 60f and below but not too low. A gain don’t put it in the shop window for everyone to see lol

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all don’t bring me into your post because people are disagreeing with you. 90% of my anemones are now captive bred . As I said before getting anything a chiller is a must.
And check your laws in France to see what you can remove. Most of my posts are now at the rock pools photos of what ii see and put back were ii found them I am trying to show people what is out there in are Rock pools. There is a saying don’t put it in the shop window for everyone too look at
If you are interested in Rock pooling join are group it is called Rock Pool Reef keepers and I will let you in. I have been keeping reef tanks since the late 80s so ii know how to give a proper environment in an aquarium. Good luck with your journey and remember a chiller you’re looking for at least 60f and below but not too low. A gain don’t put it in the shop window for everyone to see lol
Sorry I wasn't sure at first, so my tank can stay outside?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a caretaker of similar animals you will need a few things. Phyto (live) and more than one culture. ISO and Tet at least. Most things in the intertidal are temperature tolerant but not all. You may not need a chiller if you can keep your tank less than 72F degrees. But if you can't it is your responsibility to provide an adequate environment for your animals. I assure you there is a lot more life on that rock than you can see. The anemones that you collected are used to a lot of Par and more on the daylight spectrum.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I wasn't sure at first, so my tank can stay outside?
Yes I have had tanks outside and yes they did well but in winter I got sick of testing things and it was always raining no fun. Ok if you have a shelter over the top of them and you. Also summer time things get very worm out So you hit the temperature problem again. Chiller is the way to go and you can siit back and enjoy them in your home I just bought another small chiller for £40 pounds. Also you don’t need to apologise I am just trying to help you. butt i said join my group and we can share our experiences

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a caretaker of similar animals you will need a few things. Phyto (live) and more than one culture. ISO and Tet at least. Most things in the intertidal are temperature tolerant but not all. You may not need a chiller if you can keep your tank less than 72F degrees. But if you can't it is your responsibility to provide an adequate environment for your animals. I assure you there is a lot more life on that rock than you can see. The anemones that you collected are used to a lot of Par and more on the daylight spectrum.
Yeah putting the tank outside would be a better idea, it's 68f here and the sunlight...
Screenshot_20240510_103857_Google.jpg
by the way is this what you meant by the microorganisms? Also doing water changes with reef crystals will be ok?

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plankton it’s not hard too produce
I do my own plankton now
IMG_0924.jpeg

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about the same thing like putting them somewhere and letting them reproduce
When you’re ready
I will run you through how I have done it
Because if you don’t make it then it gets expensive and I have things that need plankton every day
IMG_0921.jpeg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah putting the tank outside would be a better idea, it's 68f here and the sunlight...
Screenshot_20240510_103857_Google.jpg
by the way is this what you meant by the microorganisms? Also doing water changes with reef crystals will be ok?
This is not live Phyto. You need to get a culture from your LFS or someone who grows it specifically.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not live Phyto. You need to get a culture from your LFS or someone who grows it specifically.
If he lived n the uk i would give him plankton if he payed the postage

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my micro tubs
This is what you need but probably bigger depending on tank size . This runs my micro at 60f
IMG_0928.jpeg
That's... Completely different than in the photo with bottles I'm more focused on the bottle cultures
And the chiller I can make one with the motherboard material I have

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's... Completely different than in the photo with bottles I'm more focused on the bottle cultures
And the chiller I can make one with the motherboard material I have
Go to Rock pool reef keepers it on their about me doing plankton
You need a air and air line
Plastic clear bottle or jar
Bleach the inside of the bottle and rinse it 2or 3 times also the the pipe that goes in the jar moist people use straight hard plastic pipe for the inside of the jar .Fill your jar three quarters up with salt water with a salinity of 1.019 then add quarter of your live plankton that you have bought . And finally addd some fertiliser I use a 100% natural seaweed fertiliser but you can use other types. Then let it bubble away until the colour changes too dark green then harvest three quarters and use your other quarter to start a new one . Also every thing has to be bleached and rinsed when starting again. I don’t use lights I. Sit it next to my window . Can take 12 days too produce
Most people rig a light up but I don’t
Other people will have different ways of doing it but this works for me.

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Rock pool reef keepers it on their about me doing plankton
You need a air and air line
Plastic clear bottle or jar
Bleach the inside of the bottle and rinse it 2or 3 times also the the pipe that goes in the jar moist people use straight hard plastic pipe for the inside of the jar .Fill your jar three quarters up with salt water with a salinity of 1.019 then add quarter of your live plankton that you have bought . And finally addd some fertiliser I use a 100% natural seaweed fertiliser but you can use other types. Then let it bubble away until the colour changes too dark green then harvest three quarters and use your other quarter to start a new one . Also every thing has to be bleached and rinsed when starting again. I don’t use lights I. Sit it next to my window . Can take 12 days too produce
Most people rig a light up but I don’t
Other people will have different ways of doing it but this works for me.
Alright I'll try what I can do, I need one or more of these?

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I'll try what I can do, I need one or more of these?
Just try one and if all goes well then you can do as many as you want. Most people do a few so when one is ready in a couple of days another one is ready. Live plankton can live in the fridge from four to six weeks. But you have to move it about every day so it doesn’t settle at the bottom .

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just try one and if all goes well then you can do as many as you want. Most people do a few so when one is ready in a couple of days another one is ready. Live plankton can live in the fridge from four to six weeks. But you have to move it about every day so it doesn’t settle at the bottom .
20240510_114553.jpg
found this at the museum today they have so much

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back