I'm getting Gigs tomorrow!

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't post sooner because I'm pretty frustrated as I've used cipro before successfully with riterri anemones, but in the last 6-9 months the only anemones that survived were ones I didn't need to treat. I decided to throw out my cipro as I've had it for a few years, and based on my recent streak of failures I have to assume it's gone bad/expired.

If it makes you feel any better, gigs are MUCH harder to treat than magnifica. My success rate might be 70% with magnifica and 7% with gigantea. Just goes to show how much harder gigs are to make it through QT. They typically arrive in much worse condition, and when they do look good, they can turn from good to terrible in a matter of hours. Their appearance can be very deceiving.

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Once my LFS got a bunch of mags in one of their orders and gave me two huge ones (one purple and one green) for free to try treat since they didn’t want them to fowl up their tanks. They were in mediocre shape and I treated them together to save on cipro……dumb mistake. .pretty sure the less than mediocre one took down the other one and I’m almost positive I could have saved both if done separately. One of the bigger regrets I have had in this hobby…

OP
OP
bradleym

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Once my LFS got a bunch of mags in one of their orders and gave me two huge ones (one purple and one green) for free to try treat since they didn’t want them to fowl up their tanks. They were in mediocre shape and I treated them together to save on cipro……dumb mistake. .pretty sure the less than mediocre one took down the other one and I’m almost positive I could have saved both if done separately. One of the bigger regrets I have had in this hobby…
Thank you for sharing. I've had my fair share of losses over the years, but this one hit me harder because I thought I came prepared.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back