in need of some tips and tricks

smirgut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i recently bought a juwel rio350( around 91-92gallons) and is looking to convert it to a reef tank, can i keep the internal filter that comes with it or should i swap it out, also looking on what additional equipment to pick like a skimmer( want to run without a sump for the tkme being) and lighting, especially need advice when it come to lighting

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

What is your end goal for the tank? Fish only? Coral? Nems?

I have a 90g and just use a HoB filter (floss, carbon or chemipure bags)

Reef Octo classic HoB skimmer.

Tank is around 5 years old or so.

I have softies, nems and around 10 fish. Haven't changed the water in months and everything is thriving.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its not a major inconvenience, I highly recommend a sump, its super nice to have. So much so to the point that we are planning on converting some of our larger freshwater tanks imto having them.

But not necessary obviously, just, I think its worth considering because once I got a marine tank up and got a sump I felt like I've been missing out all this time

OP
OP
S

smirgut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its not a major inconvenience, I highly recommend a sump, its super nice to have. So much so to the point that we are planning on converting some of our larger freshwater tanks imto having them.

But not necessary obviously, just, I think its worth considering because once I got a marine tank up and got a sump I felt like I've been missing out all this time
the main reason im wanting to avoid a sump is because i would have import it, no local stores or webstores have anything even close in stock
Welcome to R2R!

What is your end goal for the tank? Fish only? Coral? Nems?

I have a 90g and just use a HoB filter (floss, carbon or chemipure bags)

Reef Octo classic HoB skimmer.

Tank is around 5 years old or so.

I have softies, nems and around 10 fish. Haven't changed the water in months and everything is thriving
around 10 small fish and softies as it stands now, might change later

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the main reason im wanting to avoid a sump is because i would have import it, no local stores or webstores have anything even close in stock

around 10 small fish and softies as it stands now, might change later
Ahhh okay, I used another aquarium for mine, but my tank was drilled already so I get ya.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • D/C

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Both

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 20.0%
Back