Indianapolis 500!

ruth howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first time in my life, I will be able to watch the Indianapolis 500 live. I know it might not seem like a big deal, but to those of us who live in the Indianapolis TV market it will be a treat! I have been to the race a few times, however the speedway isn't spectator friendly. All I could see were the top of the cars.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little lounge bump as it seems your comment hasn't gained much traction. (See what I did there - racing...traction).

Anyway, enjoy the race. Only been to the track once and that was on the few golf holes...lol.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few memories of being there at 7 years old in 1974 (man, I feel old just typing that).

Johnny Rutherford won... He was my childhood hero from then on. Finally got to meet him in person as an adult at a charity thing...

Enjoy the race!

OP
OP
ruth howard

ruth howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have always been TV "blacked out" around here. So the tradition in our area is to have a race day party, food and BBQ, and listen to the race on the radio. It will be cool to see it live on TV.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, first time since the 50's they are having it on tv, pretty cool. Although i'll pry be out on the boat fishing since indycar isn't my thing : )

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back