Indo torch white light

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get one of these, but I’m convinced they look significantly better in the pictures under blue light. Does anyone have any pictures of how they look under a bit of white ? It is an indo torch

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get one of these, but I’m convinced they look significantly better in the pictures under blue light. Does anyone have any pictures of how they look under a bit of white ? It is an indo torch

Attachments

• IMG_6457.png
    IMG_6457.png
    595.9 KB · Views: 40

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly no but that's a stunning piece! Are you lighting your tank on the whiter side? :)

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo most corals do, but that is subjective. Ask the vendor if they can provide a pic. Some vendors provide pics with/without actinics that could help you. That is common torch so easy to find.

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly no but that's a stunning piece! Are you lighting your tank on the whiter side? :)
Not really I use 10% white and 90% blue. I just asked vendor for a picture under more light and this is what he sent, look at the comparison

Attachments

• IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6456.png
    IMG_6456.png
    596.9 KB · Views: 35

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pic looks like the coral just under either natural light coming into the room and room lights before their lighting comes on. Yes that looks good and realistic.

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pic looks like the coral just under either natural light coming into the room and room lights before their lighting comes on. Yes that looks good and realistic.
I’m pretty sure he just took the photo under white lights as it’s almost night now, would it look blue under blue light ?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the blue spectrum you can clearly see what the coral looks like on the picture on the right. Under what looks like to me any room lighting and natural light on the left is what you get when its off. Its impossible to say what blue is, as we dont know what spectrum he is using and what you mean by "blue". Your blue and my blue could be 2 different things.

I suggest if you want anything else. You may want to buy the coral and a spectrometer. This way you can adjust the lighting and see what type of flourscents you see in the coral etc...and how you like it. Would be a great test and I'm sure all of us would love to see the study and results.

My corals look different throughout the day depending on the time of day and the spectrum being administered....as I try to give them both some white and blue spectrum. Good luck in your findings.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back