OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh gosh i didn't know expo could be toxic but I'm glad to see your sps are doing better now.

neither did I. but that's the only thing I did that night. epoxy rocks. I'm assuming there was some sort of major alk swing. I lost every single sps except for my starburst monti. I had to completely start over.

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank. I have the same set up and find it very challenging to keep parameters in range. Nice work. I have six sexy shrimp in there. I used to have 10. I caught my cleaner shrimp murdering and eating on. The cleaner was banished to my 20 gallon tank to live with the evil banded coral shrimp. I also have a feather duster, neon goby, a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. All seem to be doing well.

The only corals I can keep alive are a toad stool, a kenya tree, one purple rhodactis shroom some GSP and a yellow leather. I have tried zoas, other shrooms, montys, torches, palys....nothing else survives in there. Nano tanks are very challenging to me. You have inspired me to rework my aquascape and try something different to get the tank more productive. I am interested to see how your plumb the sump on this tank. Keep us posted. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank. I have the same set up and find it very challenging to keep parameters in range. Nice work. I have six sexy shrimp in there. I used to have 10. I caught my cleaner shrimp murdering and eating on. The cleaner was banished to my 20 gallon tank to live with the evil banded coral shrimp. I also have a feather duster, neon goby, a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. All seem to be doing well.

The only corals I can keep alive are a toad stool, a kenya tree, one purple rhodactis shroom some GSP and a yellow leather. I have tried zoas, other shrooms, montys, torches, palys....nothing else survives in there. Nano tanks are very challenging to me. You have inspired me to rework my aquascape and try something different to get the tank more productive. I am interested to see how your plumb the sump on this tank. Keep us posted. Keep up the good work.

thank you! I've made this tank more stable and less of a hassle by adding an ATO, doser for cal/alk, and GFO for phosphates. the angler doesn't add much bio load and my nitrates and phosphates stay 0-trace. what's your lighting like? I have my nano box tide maxed at 100% blues/100% whites for the sps. sounds like you're keeping softies alive, but nothing that requires higher lighting, and flow.

I put the sump on my 60G LPS actually. :)

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you! I've made this tank more stable and less of a hassle by adding an ATO, doser for cal/alk, and GFO for phosphates. the angler doesn't add much bio load and my nitrates and phosphates stay 0-trace. what's your lighting like? I have my nano box tide maxed at 100% blues/100% whites for the sps. sounds like you're keeping softies alive, but nothing that requires higher lighting, and flow.

I put the sump on my 60G LPS actually. :)
I have the AI prime at 80% blues, 40 whites, and 20 red green. about 8 inches off the water.

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back