• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Insane group buy on Vortech MP40w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wonder if EchoTech is just upping the prices..this is what I just saw about the Socal Fish GB
"This GB is over on 04/1/09 my vendor just informed me that ecotech is closing down this GB because price is too low. Price will be increase after this GB."

tim8111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is going to hurt themselves in the long run if they shut down all these GB. It opens there products to consumers that might not otherwise purchase them at $420. I mean in tough economic times one would welcome a large order, at least I would. Asides, Ecotech was getting their price, not like they were cutting me a special deal.

I guess I will go back to selling Tunze for the upper end powerheads.

Tim

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Asides, Ecotech was getting their price, not like they were cutting me a special deal.
Tim
Yea thats what i dont get..They are getting their money either way. so why wouldnt they want to sell more of them. Why would they care if your not making as much off each pump.

tim8111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is to protect the high price point of these pumps. In all honesty, I was basically not making but a few dollars on these to get new customers for my business and help some of my local customers out. But, I guess I learned a lesson on this one. :)

Thanks,
Tim

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys please use the PM function, email, and phone to keep in contact with Tim regarding your refunds. I know he has already refunded many of you that used CC's. We need to accept the fact that companies have rules and if they decide not to sell to someone then that's their right too even though we want the cool pumps cheap! LOL!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%

Back