Installing a RODI Booster Pump Kit | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Do you have low water pressure in your house? Here's a quick How-To for installing a Booster Pump Kit on your RODI unit to finally give it some pressure!

-Find all of our reefing videos HERE!

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great info Randy! Nice job!

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have adjusted the booster pump to keep it around 80 psi . is that ok ?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have adjusted the booster pump to keep it around 80 psi . is that ok ?

Absolutely! Check out this video we did for BRStv Investigates where we test various pressures and their effects on rejection rates and water production speeds! :)

star fawkes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my container reaches the float valve and shuts off product water flow, the booster pump stays running. How do I fix it? Running 70 psi on 150GPD water saver.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my container reaches the float valve and shuts off product water flow, the booster pump stays running. How do I fix it? Running 70 psi on 150GPD water saver.

Hey there!

It sounds like you don't have a pressure sensor installed or that it may not be plumbed in the correct position. The pressure sensor will sense when the pressure is building within the line and tell the booster pump to shut off. Without it, there's nothing to tell the pump that the pressure is building. :)

-Randy

Aquatec 8800 PSW Pressure Switch 1/4" Push Connect

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I used an Apex RO solenoid on my rodi for redundancy, should I put it on the product line before or after the booster pump's pressure switch?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I used an Apex RO solenoid on my rodi for redundancy, should I put it on the product line before or after the booster pump's pressure switch?

I would put it after the pressure switch, so that it is the first thing to trigger OPEN when the water level lowers. If there is any delay from the booster pump switch when pressure reduces in the lines, the water will already be free to flow at a higher pressure rate when the pump kicks on. ;)

-Randy

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

It sounds like you don't have a pressure sensor installed or that it may not be plumbed in the correct position. The pressure sensor will sense when the pressure is building within the line and tell the booster pump to shut off. Without it, there's nothing to tell the pump that the pressure is building. :)

-Randy

Aquatec 8800 PSW Pressure Switch 1/4" Push Connect

This works great! It won't shut off immediately, it can still stay running for a little bit before shutting off but it does work! And super easy to install. If you can formulate a sentence with two hands and a flashlight you can do this!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it after the pressure switch, so that it is the first thing to trigger OPEN when the water level lowers. If there is any delay from the booster pump switch when pressure reduces in the lines, the water will already be free to flow at a higher pressure rate when the pump kicks on. ;)

-Randy
I would like to install a float valve PLUS optical switch for redundancy with the same scenario. Which should I put at a higher level: float valve or optical sensor to trigger solenoid. I am assuming optical sensor higher since the solenoid on the product line is for backup/emergency.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to install a float valve PLUS optical switch for redundancy with the same scenario. Which should I put at a higher level: float valve or optical sensor to trigger solenoid. I am assuming optical sensor higher since the solenoid on the product line is for backup/emergency.

On the BRS160 we have the Tunze 3155 optical sensor as the low point, the Tunze 3155 float valve as the high and then we have the float valve attached to the RODI line (with solenoid) even higher then those two. That way we rely on the Tunze 3155 w/solenoid to do the major redundancy and control, while using the float as a third point of overflow protection. :)

-Randy

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey randy I’m running my brs 4 stage ro unit with only 45 psi with a booster pump plumbed from source water into the ro unit .Can I plumb in in a diff spot to get more psi?

Back