Intake guard for cor pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
N

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a strainer would be an obvious inclusion. Especially for a pump which will shutdown if it detects debris.

The Sicce Syncra SDC which the COR is based on comes with a strainer, so perhaps you could source a spare as should be a direct fit if you can find the equivalent sized pump. https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstructions/brsSicce/syncrasdcpskinstructions.pdf

Alternatively someone even 3D printed one on R2R recently

Obviously in an ideal world you wouldn't have migration of macro algae, snails etc etc into the return section of the sump. But in the real world, these are reef tanks and you do.
Couldn’t have said it better myself! Just look at my flow chart.
B0A06E4D-9F5E-4C43-A9EF-E977EF138F46.png

It’s been 11 days since I sent in a Dos that didn’t not work right out of the box. They sent me a email yesterday saying they fixed it and I would be getting tracking info. I never got the tracking info. And once I thought about it, I do not want a repaired dos. I paid for a brand new working dos! Not what amounts to a factory refurbished one. It literally never powered on, never dosed a single ml. At this point I am done with Neptune @Terence and if there is another controller option I will be switching. I have almost $3k in Neptune gear and this has been unacceptable

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% fiction!!! The COR is not based on the Syncra SDC or any other Sicce pump for that matter.

Don’t take this personally, but you really need to check your facts. Reading Neptune’s own statements on the COR release would be a good start. :)

OP
OP
N

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently their fedex system was down yesterday and my dos didn’t get sent out again! So 12 days to get a replacement dos that was doa right from brand new in the box. I’m seriously looking into the ghl

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at his initial sarcastic, not helpful response. Don’t waste your time.

I don’t plan to, I’m sure he will be able to find out and then come back to us. :)

Apparently their fedex system was down yesterday and my dos didn’t get sent out again! So 12 days to get a replacement dos that was doa right from brand new in the box. I’m seriously looking into the ghl

Sorry to hear this. Shouldn’t your retailer have taken the return and given you a new one if only a month old? I certainly wouldn’t be content with a re worked RMA swap out for a DoA. Your retailer should have replaced it

OP
OP
N

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t plan to, I’m sure he will be able to find out and then come back to us. :)

Sorry to hear this. Shouldn’t your retailer have taken the return and given you a new one if only a month old? I certainly wouldn’t be content with a re worked RMA swap out for a DoA. Your retailer should have replaced it
The retailer is in Wisconsin. I thought it would be faster and Neptune said it would be faster to go through them. They’re literally two hours from me. It’s been a terrible experience.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did google your claim and did not find any reference to it. Not saying its not there, but I am not seeing it. There are certainly no mention of the SDC in their description of the pump on their website. I have no problem admitting if I am wrong. My information is based on a conversation, so if you show otherwise, i will have to question my source.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t have said it better myself! Just look at my flow chart.
B0A06E4D-9F5E-4C43-A9EF-E977EF138F46.png

It’s been 11 days since I sent in a Dos that didn’t not work right out of the box. They sent me a email yesterday saying they fixed it and I would be getting tracking info. I never got the tracking info. And once I thought about it, I do not want a repaired dos. I paid for a brand new working dos! Not what amounts to a factory refurbished one. It literally never powered on, never dosed a single ml. At this point I am done with Neptune @Terence and if there is another controller option I will be switching. I have almost $3k in Neptune gear and this has been unacceptable

You should just sell all your stuff now and save yourself the headaches that will be coming your way. I own some GHL and Apex stuff and if the DOS were as good as GHL's doser I'd use those. The GHL dosers are superior (IMO) but GHL has a long, long way to go before they're anywhere near Apex. Every company has some misses product wise, the DOS was a miss for me, other people love them. I've never gotten a product back in less than two weeks from any manufacturer. Sicce takes roughly two to three weeks. Coralvue is closer to a month. Tunze is the only company I know of that provides the level of service you're expecting. There's a reason people love Tunze so much, no one else does that. That being said, Apex is close.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about all that Sicce SDC biz. but my cor 20 is quiet compared to all the reports on the sdc. NOW on to the OP I agree a screen or guard is in order on internal or submerged pumps. They Included a super duper union why not something to protect the impeller.. I am actually thinking about dropping my carbon bag in front of the intake to screen it.............. FYI really like the cor!

OP
OP
N

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should just sell all your stuff now and save yourself the headaches that will be coming your way. I own some GHL and Apex stuff and if the DOS were as good as GHL's doser I'd use those. The GHL dosers are superior (IMO) but GHL has a long, long way to go before they're anywhere near Apex. Every company has some misses product wise, the DOS was a miss for me, other people love them. I've never gotten a product back in less than two weeks from any manufacturer. Sicce takes roughly two to three weeks. Coralvue is closer to a month. Tunze is the only company I know of that provides the level of service you're expecting. There's a reason people love Tunze so much, no one else does that. That being said, Apex is close.
I totally disagree with this. Recent example: on two different occasions I had triton products come in damaged from Unique. They had replacements sent out the next day. I bought a mp10 that had bad vibration out of the box. Ecotech sent me a replacement next day. Could give plenty more examples of companies that go above and beyond, Hanna hydro is another. If you chose to support companies that are ok with mediocre service I guess it’s your money and your decision. I work very hard for my money and I expect good service when I am buying a premium product.
I’m sure Neptune is doing pretty darn good financially. They’re entire rma service should not shut down for a week because one person is out sick. If this was a $50 jebao it would be a different story. I share my experiences both good and bad, you can find my praise of Unique in multiple posts on this site.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tastyfish
Here is my best evidence that the Cor is not based on the Sicce SDC (other than my conversation). Here is a pic of the Sicce SDC impeller. As you can see it doesn't have a thing in common with your Neptune Cor impeller. So I would really love to you too show me otherwise because the "facts" are on my side.

Sycce-Syncra-SDC-Pump-rotor-500x500.jpg

image taken from: https://iamreefer.com/sicce-syncra-sdc-9.0-wifi-pump-for-marine-and-reef-aquarium-up-to-9000-lh

You stated that my post was 100% fictional. So Evidently you must “know”. Simply reading the initial announcements made by Terence would have helped you.

I’m neither going to do your research for you, nor help you drag the OP’s thread further off track.

Hopefully he can find a suitable strainer

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a link for a guard that wont impede flow?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back