Intank media basket

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all I just received my intank media basket for my nuvo 10 aio. I was just wondering what everyone runs in the media baskets? I’m lost as to what to put into it.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my media basket I had marine pure spheres in the bottom (biological filtration). Carbon in a bag in the middle (chemical filtration) and filter floss media at the start (mechanical filtration) my media basket might be different size then your so I’d double check sizes on the marine pure sheres before buying

Last edited:
OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my media basket I have marine pure spheres in the bottom (biological filtration). Carbon in a bag in the middle (chemical filtration) and filter floss media at the start (mechanical filtration) my media basket might be different size then your so I’d double check sizes on the marine pure sheres before buying
Yea I was going to say that my basket chamber deff won’t be big enough for Spears. Unless they make them real small. I was thinking about spheres in the middle chamber of my aio instead of a skimmer

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my media basket I have marine pure spheres in the bottom (biological filtration). Carbon in a bag in the middle (chemical filtration) and filter floss media at the start (mechanical filtration) my media basket might be different size then your so I’d double check sizes on the marine pure sheres before buying
Got any pics of your basket with the stuff in it ?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any pics I’m sorry it’s stuffed full with sponges in a HT at the moment. I built it to fit I think the dimensions were 3X4.5 inches. When I ran a small bio cube29 for 2 years just soft coral, I didn’t run a skimmer just extra marine pure and live rock but nowadays Nano skimmers are getting more efficient so I would try to find a way to incorporate both, if not no biggie. but if it’s in your budget what about cutting some marine pure block to fit?

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any pics I’m sorry it’s stuffed full with sponges in a HT at the moment. I built it to fit I think the dimensions were 3X4.5 inches. When I ran a small bio cube29 for 2 years just soft coral, I didn’t run a skimmer just extra marine pure and live rock but nowadays Nano skimmers are getting more efficient so I would try to find a way to incorporate both, if not no biggie. but if it’s in your budget what about cutting some marine pure block to fit?

Can the block or plates be cut effectively?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can contest to cutting a 1x8 with a miter saw effectively. Just gotta go super slow only applying enough pressure to hold the block still. Marine Pure is made of inert aluminosilicate ceramic and turns to dust easily. Any modifications with this product should be done out doors

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back