OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have put a lot of effort into getting our tank up to par for coral grow out... But I think we are going to list our house in the next month or two. The market is up and according to our realtor (my mom), we will definitely turn a profit. We bought a foreclosure 3 years ago at $70/sq ft. Older homes are selling for $105/sq ft, new for $125+. It has been 90% renovated, and we finished the third floor bedroom which brings our livable square footage up from 2400 to 2625. The math is easy.. The only thing the kitchen needs are appliances. I may have to get a bigger tank when we move into our new home, just saying... :) Now the catch is, we are moving in with my mother in law. My father in law is in his last leg of alzheimers and she really could use my help, our help, with lots of things, especially him... Considering her house is paid off, we will be able to continue saving money since all we will have to really do is split the utilities... The plan is to save up for the next two years and move down further south, South Carolina or Florida, and open up my fish store that I have on hold here. I am just having a little trouble rationalizing this in my head. Almost 30 years old, willing to help my wifes family, but when I love having the space of my families own, its just hard to give that up for a couple years you know? I am thinking 200g DD with all the bells and whistles, for some reason this is the only thing clicking in my head... Everything else is ehhh, a blurr...

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have put a lot of effort into getting our tank up to par for coral grow out... But I think we are going to list our house in the next month or two. The market is up and according to our realtor (my mom), we will definitely turn a profit. We bought a foreclosure 3 years ago at $70/sq ft. Older homes are selling for $105/sq ft, new for $125+. It has been 90% renovated, and we finished the third floor bedroom which brings our livable square footage up from 2400 to 2625. The math is easy.. The only thing the kitchen needs are appliances. I may have to get a bigger tank when we move into our new home, just saying... :) Now the catch is, we are moving in with my mother in law. My father in law is in his last leg of alzheimers and she really could use my help, our help, with lots of things, especially him... Considering her house is paid off, we will be able to continue saving money since all we will have to really do is split the utilities... The plan is to save up for the next two years and move down further south, South Carolina or Florida, and open up my fish store that I have on hold here. I am just having a little trouble rationalizing this in my head. Almost 30 years old, willing to help my wifes family, but when I love having the space of my families own, its just hard to give that up for a couple years you know? I am thinking 200g DD with all the bells and whistles, for some reason this is the only thing clicking in my head... Everything else is ehhh, a blurr...

For all you could gain, by giving up own space for a couple of years is something I would do; especially if it helps the mother in law, and of course with their place been paid off, you'd be saving money by living there and only having to pay for food/utility bills etc. Its the possibilities in 2 years time that I would look at, and view the giving up of space for two years as some kind of stepping stone.

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all you could gain, by giving up own space for a couple of years is something I would do; especially if it helps the mother in law, and of course with their place been paid off, you'd be saving money by living there and only having to pay for food/utility bills etc. Its the possibilities in 2 years time that I would look at, and view the giving up of space for two years as some kind of stepping stone.

That's the way I've been looking at it!

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still learning how to adjust the white balance on our DSLR... I have 6 ATI Blue+ with 2 ATI Coral+ bulbs over this tank... I set myself up for goofy color casted pictures. This is definitely better than my iphone pics... :D
_MG_3726.jpg

_MG_3728.jpg

_MG_3764.jpg

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back