Is "acclimation feature" important on a quarantine tank light?

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if I need a fixture like the AI prime, or the Maxspect MJ-65, that have an acclimation feature, as I'm very sure I wouldn't do it every day manually.

I intend to keep LPS and easier SPS: green slimer acropora, stylophora, pocillopora, seriatopora, porites.
I'll quarantine corals for at least 4 wks in a 20 gallon.

During the quarantine process, how important is it to slowly acclimate corals like the ones above to more light?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm wondering if I need a fixture like the AI prime, or the Maxspect MJ-65, that have an acclimation feature, as I'm very sure I wouldn't do it every day manually.

I intend to keep LPS and easier SPS: green slimer acropora, stylophora, pocillopora, seriatopora, porites.
I'll quarantine corals for at least 4 wks in a 20 gallon.

During the quarantine process, how important is it to slowly acclimate corals like the ones above to more light?
Although you can utilize it, it is intended for introduction of coral in the display tank

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Although you can utilize it, it is intended for introduction of coral in the display tank
i agree with vetteguy.

it does make sense, however, to acclimate the corals to the same light in the DT while being quarantined.

Dakota_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also keep intensity down if it's fish as to not grow a bunch of algae

I'm currently using that feature on a new, more powerful light and dont' want to burn them.

Back