is it normal that my toad stool will sprout sometimes and not other times?

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't know why it's not sprouting today and I wonder if it could be something with my parameters. My salinity is at 1.24 specific gravity. magnesium slightly less than what the chart said it should be on the Salifert test. I have a calcium test and the KH test available but not tested. but I have no way to test phosphates. I would assume that I'm using blue bucket and that should have everything I need. maybe when I was trying to bring up the sump level I used the ro di water and that could've decreased the specific gravity and therefore made the trace elements lower re ppm. My tank is pretty new only five weeks old and I just think I wonder if my corals should be growing more or not. all the fish are really doing great though. I know I've been a little bit more aggressive given the newness of the tank but at least I could say the fish turned great and there's absolutely zero ammonia. I also use the red Sea reef energy plus coral nutrition as directed.

edit also I keep my tank about 80.5°F

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

rogueshrimp88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be getting ready to shed. they close up and shed their outer layer every once in a while, typically for a few days to over a week, at least mine does, then comeback bigger than before.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back