Is mine 200l tank enough for Yellow foxface?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 wrases on page 3...
Everything BUT the anthias on page 1.

Although the sleeper goby may give you grief when it starts becoming a gnome and starts digging.
Agree with the page 1 comment. And I take back the angelfish suggestion... had to do the math and your tank isn't even 50 gallons. You could get a pair of clowns, a watchman goby, and a dottyback, and have a very nice tank.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any of them, in theory, eat grass?
They likely won't.
Fwiw, I wouldn't rely on ANY fish to control algae... they will nibble at it but the primary control (once manual removal gets it in check) should be your cuc - snails and other inverts.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any of them, in theory, eat grass?

explain grass?

Do you have a picture?
I can think of other wonderful things that wont care how small the tank is that will eat grass.

Even a (1 hryvnia (i used your currency)) size tuxedo urchin will make short work of that grass.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They likely won't.
Fwiw, I wouldn't rely on ANY fish to control algae... they will nibble at it but the primary control (once manual removal gets it in check) should be your cuc - snails and other inverts.
Maybe you're right. Let me see if there's anything of CUC
Of the CUC's I only have the newly hatched "x" number of columbelids from 3 their parents and 2 turbos

Attachments

• 1713645631318.png
    1713645631318.png
    655.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 1713645710880.png
    1713645710880.png
    632.9 KB · Views: 22

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you're right. Let me see if there's anything of CUC
Of the CUC's I only have the newly hatched "x" number of columbelids from 3 their parents and 2 turbos

pg.1
The Tuxdeo Urchin.... Bottom row, 3rd guy.
The Star looking snail... right above the urchin... which is a Astrea snail is also great for algae.

pg.2
The Trocus snail... bottom row, 2nd guy... this guy is EPIC with algae.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
explain grass?

Do you have a picture?
I can think of other wonderful things that wont care how small the tank is that will eat grass.

Even a (1 hryvnia (i used your currency)) size tuxedo urchin will make short work of that grass.
Don't get mad, I'm not stupid, I was just excited this afternoon that I was offered a fish for my birthday and after reading more, I need to change my strategy
I've been fighting dinos for the last six months and have successfully defeated them. Now I'm looking to add some life since I got a job.
Algae are not actively growing yet, but also manually remove them all the time is not an option, especially dragging the whole skape from the water outside. Let me take some photos

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the website link?
Sure, btw, thanks guys for helping

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, btw, thanks guys for helping
Maybe you can make quick list of fish/inverts

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get mad, I'm not stupid, I was just excited this afternoon that I was offered a fish for my birthday and after reading more, I need to change my strategy

Im not getting mad...

If i was i would of just left the thread, and not try to help you.

I said "what grass are you talking about" because different CuC's eat Different things.

For example:

Astralium calcar равлик - This guy is a great snail that eats some bush looking algae, also eats dinos, and cyano. They are great additions to have because they don't grow larger then 40mm under most conditions, and they look sort of cool being star shaped.

Mespilia globulus морський їжак кавун - This is the Tuxedo Urchin. This guy will eat about anything green brown, red, whatever it can get its mouth on. They are very clumsy tho, so they will knock over everything in the direction they move, and may even take some things and wear as Hat's as they move around. These guys dont grow too large comapred to the other urchins so its a good choice if you want an urchin.

Tectus fenestratus равлик - I don't have much experience with this guy, but i believe its a turban snail. Its like the first snail i listed, they will probably eat some dinos, some hair algae. Again im not too sure about this guy as i never had one.

trochus snail равлик Трохус - This is the Gold standard for snails next to the Turbo snail. They grow large tho, but they eat about everything, and by far is my favorate.

Turbo snail Равлик-водоростеїд Турбо - The absolute Gold standard for Snails. The Turbo Snail.... i don't need to say anymore.

As for Fish...

Amphiprion ocellaris - Амфіпріон Оцеляріс (риба клоун)
Amphiprion perideraion рожевий Клоун
Cirrhilabrus adornatus губан - Need a good lid or it will jump.
Cirrhitichthys oxycephalus Кудрепер червоноплямистий
Neocirrhites Armatus вогняний кудрепер
Paracheilinus carpenteri губан - Need a good lid or it will jump.
Pseudochromis paccagnellae - Ложнохроміс королівський
Valenciennea puellaris - бичок Валансьєнн червоноточковий - with caution.
Centropyge acanthops - Цетропіг - Probably the only angelfish i would recommend for your tank size.

There is too many to list... its probably faster asking for what color and kind of fish you like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is other site, but not sure that everything here is not booked yet
Here are some photos of algae chaos)
Here is hair algae, 1 caulerpa fast growing specie (not such common) and let me see my other thread with name of flower-like algae that forms stems on 1st stages, that i thought about bryopsis already (name will be edited here)

Attachments

• IMG_20240421_000135.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000135.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240421_000141.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000141.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240421_000157.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000157.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240421_000204.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000204.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240421_000228.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000228.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240421_000219.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000219.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240421_000241.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000241.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240421_000147.jpg
    IMG_20240421_000147.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 11

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urchin for sure.... and turbo snail and trochus...

1 urchin... 2 turbo's... 4 trochus... and 10 astrailium. for now... and see how much dent they make... add more astrailium and trochus as needed...

The 2 last snails will die if they are ever flipped over. So make sure you keep an eye on them that they are attached to something and not upside down.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not getting mad...

I said "what grass are you talking about" because different CuC's eat Different things.

For example:

Astralium calcar равлик - This guy is a great snail that eats some bush looking algae, also eats dinos, and cyano. They are great additions to have because they don't grow larger then 40mm under most conditions, and they look sort of cool being star shaped.

Mespilia globulus морський їжак кавун - This is the Tuxedo Urchin. This guy will eat about anything green brown, red, whatever it can get its mouth on. They are very clumsy tho, so they will knock over everything in the direction they move, and may even take some things and wear as Hat's as they move around. These guys dont grow too large comapred to the other urchins so its a good choice if you want an urchin.

Tectus fenestratus равлик - I don't have much experience with this guy, but i believe its a turban snail. Its like the first snail i listed, they will probably eat some dinos, some hair algae. Again im not too sure about this guy as i never had one.

trochus snail равлик Трохус - This is the Gold standard for snails next to the Turbo snail. They grow large tho, but they eat about everything, and by far is my favorate.

Turbo snail Равлик-водоростеїд Турбо - The absolute Gold standard for Snails. The Turbo Snail.... i don't need to say anymore.

As for Fish...

Centropyge acanthops - Цетропіг - Probably the only angelfish i would recommend for your tank size.

There is too many to list... its probably faster asking for what color and kind of fish you like.
There a only 2 pages of avaliables, not so much...
btw- https://www.saltcorner.com/AquariumLibrary/browsespecies.php?CritterID=3747&filter=0

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want help with the algae... id get the CuC's first.
I think you may need more then what i am recommending, like the amount wise, but its better to add more later, the add too much.

So if you want something to eat all that green, get the CuC's first and see how that goes.

Who knows you may get annoyed at the urchin like some people do, and get rid of it.

But the last thing you want is to drop in like 50 snails, and have half them die later of starvation, which can possibly take your tank with it from all the decaying matter.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not getting mad...

For example:

As for Fish...

I think everything that is in stock, better colorfull, but not like that one fishes that reminds me of non-saltwater with it's scales and form)

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want help with the algae... id get the CuC's first.
I think you may need more then what i am recommending, like the amount wise, but its better to add more later, the add too much.

So if you want something to eat all that green, get the CuC's first and see how that goes.

Who knows you may get annoyed at the urchin like some people do, and get rid of it.

But the last thing you want is to drop in like 50 snails, and have half them die later of starvation, which can possibly take your tank with it from all the decaying matter.
Yeeah, that is what i just wanted to ask about urchin- isn't it going to die if there is lack of greens. Or he can eat even as large as caulerpa

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back