Is My Clown Sick????

Sound2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this Maroon Clown for over a year. I purchased it through a craigslist ad and do not know how old it is. I believe the previous owner had it for some time. It usually stayed in one corner of my tank and occasionally swam around. Always came out to eat something and always ate its favorite pellet food. About 4 or 5 weeks ago, I noticed it wasn't eating and was moved to a new position in the tank and wasn't swimming around a lot. I easily caught and removed it and put it in QT where I had a Blue/Green Chromis that was getting picked on by other fish. I still haven't seen it eat anything, however, it is not dead so it HAS to be eating something, right?!? How do I tell if it has an internal parasite? If it did, wouldn't it be dead already? When is it safe to put it back in the display tank? I really want to take down the QT Tank and put it back in with its friends, but don't want to chance getting my other fish sick. There were no new additions prior to it getting sick. Could it just be getting old?

Any advice?

Clown on 20170304.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intestinal worms are usually shown with white stringy poop. You can also watch your other fish for the white stringy poop. if one has it, it's likely that they all have it.

OP
OP
Sound2

Sound2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intestinal worms are usually shown with white stringy poop. You can also watch your other fish for the white stringy poop. if one has it, it's likely that they all have it.

Thanks. As I am new to saltwater aquariums, how is that treated in a reef tank without harming the coral?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Sound2

Sound2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I never saw white stringy poop. Since this post, I have lost the clown fish, a small blue green chromis, 2 bengi cardinals, and a lawnmower blennie. No clue what is going on. All paramaters are ok. There are no spots on the fish. They just see to stop eating and die. Will not be adding anything new for quite some time. Hope I don't lose the rest of my fish or corals.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back