OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the plus side, Pincushions have super cool skeletons/shells/whatever they're called and if your mom likes them, that's a bonus! Mother's day is coming up.
Already told her it’s dead and she’s getting the shell…. So not much of a surprise but true and thanks!

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been dead in my tank for the last day, nothing has touched it , it smells dead, it is dead, how long until stuff will eat it’s?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd remove it. Small tank like that and the deadness can cause a nutrient spike easily.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it out, and I dont have a phone
well
a kiddie phone
can only call and text. have to download mp4's and mp3's to listen to music and watch vids
dont need social media :D I need the outdoors :D
(my latest injury was a splinter from a bow an arrow and a thigh injury from winning my first fencing tourney. first time winning, not first tourney, just showing how much of an active child I am :D)

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
dont need social media :D I need the outdoors :D
(my latest injury was a splinter from a bow an arrow and a thigh injury from winning my first fencing tourney. first time winning, not first tourney, just showing how much of an active child I am :D)
Yeah, my kids do horse back riding and archery.

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang sorry to hear of the loss. I've only lost one urchin which was my very first. It was a small blue tux about the size of a quarter. Instantly started losing its spines and no movement when I dropped it in. Died the next day. Thankfully small so nothing major happened in the tank. It defiantly discouraged me because I thought I did something wrong or maybe my tank parameters were bad.

Fast forward a week later and a different lfs had larger purple pincushions for $30. These were like 3x the size of the first one. So I tried again...

This time I did not drip acclimate. I just floated for I think 30 minutes and dropped in. It lost maybe 5 spines during that time. Next day its active and healthy and 2 shells on its back lol.

These are some really sensitive creatures. Mine gives me a big indicator that something is wrong with my tank. About 3 weeks ago I came home to see tons of spines off my urchin. Dropped at least 20. My nitrates were creeping up again! Did a wc and have since been stable.

Losing spines doesn't always mean death. Just danger, as long as you see its moving or tube feet waving around. They have a chance.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cool! I got that bear valiant bow at Sierra and my neighbor let me borrow his big recurve bow, its fast as hell, but the small valiants are fun
My daughter shoots a Bear Apprentice 3 and my son uses a Genesis.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back