I have had him for a year and he is a blue tudexo urchin

image.jpg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is not very clear but if he has lost the spines and have not moved in days, then yes. Sorry.

OP
OP
yellow tang lover

yellow tang lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing spines is a sign of failing health in urchins - does it have enough food to eat in the tank? How are your parameters (specifically)? Have they been swinging at all?
My parameters are not really swinging but my nitrates have gone really low but he stayed in the same spot for a couple days and he was upside down and spines falling off so I think he’s dead

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low nitrates shouldn't affect it. Now high nitrates can cause it to drop spines that or you are having swings somewhere. A lot of times we don't see it because we test at certain times. At least for mine it did during high nitrates which required a wc and cutting back on food. It lost a good amount of spines but has now recovered.

As long as you see its tentacles/spines moving around. Its alive and has a chance. If you don't see any of that its dead. If its not moving around and eating but you still see movement. You can try spot feeding it as well.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back