Is that normal!!!

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be exaggerating but my waterbox infinia 190.5 is 6 months old. Noticed today while inspecting the tank. Very tiny algae inside the silicon. Would that expand? Kinda worried.

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be exaggerating but my waterbox infinia 190.5 is 6 months old. Noticed today while inspecting the tank. Very tiny algae inside the silicon. Would that expand? Kinda worried.

That’s pretty normal. It’s just a crappy job. Whoever did the silicone and as long as there is no sand going into the silicone where you see these huge pockets you should be fine.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty normal. It’s just a crappy job. Whoever did the silicone and as long as there is no sand going into the silicone where you see these huge pockets you should be fine.
So thats normal?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So
Unfortunately, yes.
It’s just a crappy finish job they could’ve cleaned it up and made it look better when they built the tank
Its not going to like expand and just burst

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So

Its not going to like expand and just burst
I don’t think so. In my opinion, you can always take a picture of it and compare it to a picture you take a month or two later and see if it changes. If it does change, you might want to reseal the caulking joint. I have tanks with bubbles in the caulking job, never broke or leaked on me, but every tank is different. I just keep an eye on it and see if they get bigger.
PS the next time you’re at your LFS look at the caulking jobs to the brand new tanks you’ll find that they look similar

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back