Is this ich on my clownfish

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my clown and saw a single white dot on its side and thought this looked like ich, i havent added anything for over a month now and the last thing was an anemone. I have looked at all the other fish and can see no marks. Do you know what this is? Or if it is ich how to treat it as i have lots of inverts and corals in the tank and as this is my first tank i dont have a qt. By the way the clown does not appear to be behaving weirdly and was happily eating this morning.

IMG_9939.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my clown and saw a single white dot on its side and thought this looked like ich, i havent added anything for over a month now and the last thing was an anemone. I have looked at all the other fish and can see no marks. Do you know what this is? Or if it is ich how to treat it as i have lots of inverts and corals in the tank and as this is my first tank i dont have a qt. By the way the clown does not appear to be behaving weirdly and was happily eating this morning.

IMG_9939.png

That spot is too large to be ich, it is probably a dislodged scale from squabbling with another fish.

Jay

OP
OP
wasabi bean

wasabi bean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That spot is too large to be ich, it is probably a dislodged scale from squabbling with another fish.

Jay
Thanks that was my suspicion as the royal gramma always has beef when they go too close to his area. I will keep an eye on it but hopefully you are right.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that was my suspicion as the royal gramma always has beef when they go too close to his area. I will keep an eye on it but hopefully you are right.

Just watch for smaller spots that come and go and change location day to day, that is more likely to be a symptom of ich.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 146 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back