Is this normal?

newjack0000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with yall on its not that big of a deal unless they start to fall apart or turn brown but my thing has always been preventing it from that stage before it gets there. Sometimes closing up can mean other things like its being agitated by worms, bugs, inverts, fish ect..

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines been like that for a month. It's not dead but it's sure being boring. All my lps and sps are fine except my Kenya tree

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other possibility is hate related. It's called allelopathy, essentially - chemical warfare. Corals are known not to play nice with each other. What other corals do you have in your tank? and Do you run carbon?

lisa28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other possibility is hate related. It's called allelopathy, essentially - chemical warfare. Corals are known not to play nice with each other. What other corals do you have in your tank? and Do you run carbon?

When I originally got mine it was in pretty bad shape from shipping, the chemical warfare in my tank was so bad I even had a bad reaction to it.

OP
OP
Papadovak

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a zoa frag on the other side of the tank and that's it. I wanted to take it slow since I've never done this before.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you feed a good bit? the reason I mention this is Kenya and other softies kind of prefer a little nutrients in the water. I would try the flow and feeding a little more. Your water may be a little pristine for softies......wish I had that problem :)

OP
OP
Papadovak

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. I bought another ph and pointed it in their direction and they're looking much better!!:doh: they also seemed bigger.....Idk if the ph was just a coincidence but either way we're all gravy over here.
Thank you for all the great advice!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 151 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back