Jack's LPS dominated Reef !!!!

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea coral pro salt isn't the best salt for corals..., with alkalinity that high your much more likely to get burnt tips etc. The Red Sea regular in blue bucket has much better parameters.... I speak from experience, I lost a lot of coral trying to keep 12 DKH and low nutrient system.

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea coral pro salt isn't the best salt for corals..., with alkalinity that high your much more likely to get burnt tips etc. The Red Sea regular in blue bucket has much better parameters.... I speak from experience, I lost a lot of coral trying to keep 12 DKH and low nutrient system.

Thank you las for your valuable response ....... From the very first day (3.5 years) i m using the same salt .... I planned to change the salt to seachem or some other brand but thought when things are going smooth then why change ? And also i fear changing salt in an established aquarium .....

Have someone changed salt in established aquarium ? How would you do so ??

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 20ltr water change every second day And for dosing i dose half of the recommended dossage if prodibio stronti, iodi, biotim, digest and booster every monday ..... Nothing complicated and sometime i also forget to dose ..... Planning to stop dosing also and have ordered santamonica ATS ....
I'm thinking about ordering that ats also. BTW ur brain coral is awesome

Last edited:

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you las for your valuable response ....... From the very first day (3.5 years) i m using the same salt .... I planned to change the salt to seachem or some other brand but thought when things are going smooth then why change ? And also i fear changing salt in an established aquarium .....

Have someone changed salt in established aquarium ? How would you do so ??

That's exactly the point my friend. I had same success as you with high alk salt mix.... But then one day I decided to lower my nutrients. In my experience, lowering phosphate and nitrate in a tank that is established stresses corals unless u go very slow. When u have a high alk it is much less forgiving than if ur alk was 8. So when u add the ATS it's gonna lower nutrients, but prob way slower than what I did so maybe it won't be that bad.

I'm just trying to tell u what happened to me. I lost thousands of dollars of corals and don't want anyone else to go thru that. I will never keep high alk again.

As far as switching salt, I would start by goin half new salt to half current salt mix in your water change and slowly incorporate that til you switch over. CorAls are very adaptable but quick changes kill them.

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly the point my friend. I had same success as you with high alk salt mix.... But then one day I decided to lower my nutrients. In my experience, lowering phosphate and nitrate in a tank that is established stresses corals unless u go very slow. When u have a high alk it is much less forgiving than if ur alk was 8. So when u add the ATS it's gonna lower nutrients, but prob way slower than what I did so maybe it won't be that bad.

I'm just trying to tell u what happened to me. I lost thousands of dollars of corals and don't want anyone else to go thru that. I will never keep high alk again.

As far as switching salt, I would start by goin half new salt to half current salt mix in your water change and slowly incorporate that til you switch over. CorAls are very adaptable but quick changes kill them.

thank you very much for appreciating my brain... i like him too... he changes his colors according to his moods :D

i can understand how expensive this hobby is.. will surely think of switching the salt to another one and hope it settles soon.... by the way what salt are you using right now ?

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using Red Sea in the the blue bucket... Not the red sea pro.

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohkieee... red basket is not available here... getting stuff related to corals is a task here...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man that tank is packed with meaty, fatties! HA! Looking good!

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool tank - thanks for sharing! I'm an LPS-lover, too. So juicy!

Forgive me if I missed it, but what country are you in?

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Flashy Fins thank you very much.... they they are juicy.. i love the movement they have....

from todays clicks.... sorry for mobile pics but no time to click better pics....

IMG_8892.jpg

my hammer garden... lot more to add but here are few of them...

IMG_8893.jpg

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favourite hammer ... metallic green with purple tips.... all the way on the back..

IMG_8910.jpg

and my latest ultra green plate coral

IMG_8911.jpg

sorry for the crapy pics....

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a small update to the thread... couple of pictures

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0473_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0473_1024.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 131
  • thumb_IMG_0477_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0477_1024.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 128
  • thumb_IMG_0478_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0478_1024.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 136
  • thumb_IMG_0479_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0479_1024.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 118

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome .. i see you used Liters instead of gallons :)

may i ask where you are located :)

OP
OP
jack89

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my last post in my in this thread...

friend came in to click few photographs and here they are.

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 176

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back