OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never really looked at video of them before, but you can see plenty of pods in that and I guess he grabbed one while I was taking this. I'll try and take another one later..looks like he was out of focus for most of it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Same baby above...This one is the closest to the front of the tank.
Good for you !!! Video does not play but you beat the odds. Pearly, spotted and yellowhead most likely to raise their young/fry

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you !!! Video does not play but you beat the odds. Pearly, spotted and yellowhead most likely to raise their young/fry
Thanks, but I don't understand. Most likely to raise? Most likely to eat maybe?? I moved them at birth to a different tank if that helps. About 150 of them and we are down to about 15-16 I think.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks, but I don't understand. Most likely to raise? Most likely to eat maybe?? I moved them at birth to a different tank if that helps. About 150 of them and we are down to about 15-16 I think.
The three mentioned have high success rates with raising their young/ tank bred

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This right here is the cutest sh** I've seen in a long time. Added a little bit of sand and now you can see how small they are for reference. Little guy made himeself a burrow already.

Added more copepods and nano brine shrimp...overloaded. Did a water change 2 days ago...need to be careful now as they majority of them are on the bottom and I use a siphon to clean the detritus off the bottom.

I think there are 15-16 left and this is day 36.

Attachments

• PXL_20240419_022352600.jpg
    PXL_20240419_022352600.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is that same baby doing burrow maintenance...he can only fit one pebble of sand in his mouth at a time. All babies are down on the bottom now and have claimed a piece of rubble rock..sometimes sharing. Lost a smaller one over the weekend, so I think we are at 14-15 now. Getting harder to count as they aren't in the water column anymore.

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is my baby JF colony. Haven't seen anyone take prepared foods yet, so still not in the clear yet, IMO... still seeing plenty of copepods around, so I hope that is enough. Nobody is swimming around anymore, so I hope the food is abundant.

Just received a brine shrimp hatchery setup..going to get that started. Still feels like I'm behind on sourcing food for them, but it does appear they went through metamorphisis as those be looking/acting like JF now. :)

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is still alive, settled in...have a few sharing the same rock. I hope they aren't going to become mated pairs...not sure in the fish world what happens then. :zany-face::zany-face::zany-face:

Did my first batch of brine shrimp...fed some 24 hour old ones and also fed macro algae to the container for 2 days and then fed those...all of them. Now working on a 2nd batch and will grow these for 3-4 days before feeding.

Been siphoning massive amounts of poop from the bottom and watching ammonia levels. Not sure where we are at in the process, but they aren't taking frozen foods yet or even micro pellets, but they are active and def living the JF life.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back