jcusmarine's 45 Gallon LED Cube Build

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i think i'm in love! beautiful setup buddy. does all that stuff sit outside the tank all the time?

OP
OP
jcusmarine

jcusmarine

Club Cube
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how happy are you with your lighting at this point? would you have gone with more or less? im looking to set up a slightly smaller cube (oceanic 33) and would like to do a 16-24 led DIY pendant over it. im trying to gauge how many to do. also, are you dimming your with your controller or just running it at 100% ?

thanks
-Nick

Nick - very happy with the Maxspect G2. There was a little confusion on my part when they first came out, and I thought I was buying Cree, so the only thing I would have done is bought the Cree. However, the light is awesome and I am happy. When it is eventually time to replace the LED's, I will use 3w Cree's and possible add a few more Blue's, just a couple.

Wow, really nice tank. all high end very nice.

THank you.

Super sweet setup! Clowns look happy, and is that a mcCoskers wrasse in there?

The McCosker's has been replaced by a Solar Wrasse now, but yes.

Ver clean looking. Whay kind of sand did you use, it's really white.

CaribSea Seaflor Spec Grade

wow i think i'm in love! beautiful setup buddy. does all that stuff sit outside the tank all the time?

Thanks! No, I built shelves in the corner behind the tank and everything is now concealed....just had the doser out for testing until I confirmed it operates perfectly. It is awesome.

nice looking little cube you got going how are those LED lights working for you?

LED's are great. No temperature issues, corals growing, nice PE.

I have added a refugium, a second MP10 ES, and I am now feeding Rod's food daily - I was underfeeding my tank and it was not doing so well for a while. I had been traveling on business and we had a baby, so now things are back on track with proper feeding schedule.

OP
OP
jcusmarine

jcusmarine

Club Cube
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pic, but snapped a quick FTS after adding red LED's. Color rendition looks way better in person...as does the tank.

April1tank.jpg

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on the great tank and the new baby. the reds look good on your tank. do you still have your blenny, if so any problems with him. thought about getting one in the future. good luck on the tank. keep us updated.
greg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank jcusmarine - I dig your lights and the way you have they hanging. After adding the reds, what does it do to the colors in the tank?

Back