Jebao …… come on!!!!!!!!!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank wasn’t doing good and lost a lot of corals recently. Today the jebao sow8 I had for about 4-5 years was running slow so I took it out to clean it. The inner magnet seal broke and it’s rust like a ****.

Perhaps that’s what killed some of my corals. Check your gears folks! And prob stay away from their products too.

I had been always a fan of them till now SMH.

IMG_1583.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My tank wasn’t doing good and lost a lot of corals recently. Today the jebao sow8 I had for about 4-5 years was running slow so I took it out to clean it. The inner magnet seal broke and it’s rust like a ****.

Perhaps that’s what killed some of my corals. Check your gears folks! And prob stay away from their products too.

I had been always a fan of them till now SMH.

IMG_1583.jpeg
This will cause issues. One of the reasons I avoid Jebao at all costs. Theyre great when they run but try getting parts

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will cause issues. One of the reasons I avoid Jebao at all costs. Theyre great when they run but try getting parts
yeah but if you get 4-5 years out of it and its a third the price do you really need to fix it? Just get a new one and do regular maintenance and check it over really good. I have a few jebao return pumps running 1 for around 5 years now. If...when I clean it still looks brand new hardly any wear on the magnet, impeller, shaft, or well. Its in fresh water but my water is really hard 14-16 kh and gh is off the scale, may as well be salt water.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah but if you get 4-5 years out of it and its a third the price do you really need to fix it? Just get a new one and do regular maintenance and check it over really good. I have a few jebao return pumps running 1 for around 5 years now. If...when I clean it still looks brand new hardly any wear on the magnet, impeller, shaft, or well. Its in fresh water but my water is really hard 14-16 kh and gh is off the scale, may as well be salt water.
Never disagree with this concept.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the two I am using in the brute and glued it just in case. Will do the other one during wc next but I checked earlier was ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1590.jpeg
    IMG_1590.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 15

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup heard it happened to Vortech MP40s

Happened to me on a mp40, got the same life as your jebao. But I spent much more

However I have a mp10 going on 10 years and another Mp40 going on 8 soooo…can happen to anyone any brand

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back