Jebao Wi-Fi doser issue

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I updated the jebao app and now can’t log back in. So at this, only way for me to get in and have the doser working is to reinstall it, what a pain in the arsh.

I followed the steps but step want me to text the numbers?

IMG_7585.png

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have an issue with your wifi broadcast, have you tried temporarily diablong 5ghz? Sometimes when I get a jew wifi jebao product i have to do that and powercy le the device a few times.

I also had this issue with the jebao update and had to do a pw reset, which took a few attempts to have go off and had to grab it out of the "other" section in outlook, if you have that trash "focus" filtering turned on.

Edit: I have had success adding jebao wifi devices with 5GHz still turned on, but I have better luck with it off. My wifi access point is a mesh network, I have to te porarily shut off the smart mesh to seperate the 2.4 and 5ghz bands to shut off the 5. I have also noticed if I move far enough away from my access point with the 5ghz on to increase.my odds of hopping on the 2.4 band, it works better. Also, the new jebao app has bluetooth discovery. You can try going into the app settings in your phone to give it bluetooth permissions, but this can be a little difficult to get to work on IOS, if you have an android device around it may be easier.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have an issue with your wifi broadcast, have you tried temporarily diablong 5ghz? Sometimes when I get a jew wifi jebao product i have to do that and powercy le the device a few times.

I also had this issue with the jebao update and had to do a pw reset, which took a few attempts to have go off and had to grab it out of the "other" section in outlook, if you have that trash "focus" filtering turned on.

Edit: I have had success adding jebao wifi devices with 5GHz still turned on, but I have better luck with it off. My wifi access point is a mesh network, I have to te porarily shut off the smart mesh to seperate the 2.4 and 5ghz bands to shut off the 5. I have also noticed if I move far enough away from my access point with the 5ghz on to increase.my odds of hopping on the 2.4 band, it works better. Also, the new jebao app has bluetooth discovery. You can try going into the app settings in your phone to give it bluetooth permissions, but this can be a little difficult to get to work on IOS, if you have an android device around it may be easier.
Well, did you have to do step 3? That sounds confusing

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless I still have to do step 3 in order for me to go to the next step correct? If so, do I really text those numbers? That sounds silly

Whoever that “genuis” from jebao messed it up

Last edited:

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless I still have to do step 3 in order for me to go to the next step correct? If so, do I really text those numbers? That sounds silly

Whoever that “genuis” from jebao messed it up
It depends, I assume your password recovery would be via email, and as far as getting it back on wifi goes, it depends on your network. I am unfamiliar with resetting the doser itself.

But I feel your pain, the Jebao update hit for me the night my return pump froze up and I didn't get alerts, I instead was alerted by the temp difference between my DT and sump. But I've gotten over it a little, at least the app works better now.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if you switch to AP network?
I had the same thing and was able to text my wifi password in there.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends, I assume your password recovery would be via email, and as far as getting it back on wifi goes, it depends on your network. I am unfamiliar with resetting the doser itself.

But I feel your pain, the Jebao update hit for me the night my return pump froze up and I didn't get alerts, I instead was alerted by the temp difference between my DT and sump. But I've gotten over it a little, at least the app works better now.
I am able to login but in order for me to control the doser I need to reinstall it. For me to install it, I need to figure it out what is the stupid step 3 wants me to do

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is the WIFI password. I mean I did text the wifi password there
When I tried to installed it, there’s no jebao Wi-Fi showed up on my phone under setting. It didn’t ask for any other password except my router Wi-Fi password which it accepted fine. I can’t be the only having this issue

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed them, I am now more curious what the heck that “genuis” wrote up the app this way what the heck

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am able to login but in order for me to control the doser I need to reinstall it. For me to install it, I need to figure it out what is the stupid step 3 wants me to do
My devices were all still in the new app once I did a password reset. So I figured you might be able to recover your old account

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pain in the butt for sure. I need to change my doses so as soon as I try to open the app I lose control. Then they require a response in 60 seconds. After several retries I find their emails in my spam folder. Then the emails are written in Chinese from an unknown email address. But the 4 digit number code is legible. Then I get a menu but it has 4 or 5 icons/buttons for dosers. And of course I can't figure out which one corresponds to my equipment. So now I have lost my settings, my doser is not working, and I don't have time to work with it. A real cluster. Why did the not send some kind of notification? The conspiracy theory would be that they are now connected to my home router ready to pouce any day to wreck havoc.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pain in the butt for sure. I need to change my doses so as soon as I try to open the app I lose control. Then they require a response in 60 seconds. After several retries I find their emails in my spam folder. Then the emails are written in Chinese from an unknown email address. But the 4 digit number code is legible. Then I get a menu but it has 4 or 5 icons/buttons for dosers. And of course I can't figure out which one corresponds to my equipment. So now I have lost my settings, my doser is not working, and I don't have time to work with it. A real cluster. Why did the not send some kind of notification? The conspiracy theory would be that they are now connected to my home router ready to pouce any day to wreck havoc.
Omg. I was always a jebao fan till now. Especially Chinese are good at technology and they can simple fix this issue but now I am with you, doser is collecting dust.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back