JF Flame Acro

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seem to know your Acros too, and you might be right on the ARC being donei, I keep scratching my head on that one.

How do you feel about JF Raspberry blast possibly being A. willsae?

JF raspberry blast
Screenshot_20191031-170158_Chrome.jpg

Acropora willsae
20191031_170331.jpg
Screenshot_20191031-170249_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191031-170532_Chrome.jpg

Another suspect I have for JF Raspberry blast is A. cophodactyla

Screenshot_20191031-195749_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191031-195640_Chrome.jpg

20191031_195848.jpg

Sorry I missed this a while ago. I don’t have the raspberry blast but I do have a frag of the fox flame starting but it hasn’t grown much in a while.
The cophodactyla is actually close to the fox flame as well but I don’t have much to go off of since I haven’t seen many big colonies. What would you say makes that is not the right one for fox flame?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed this a while ago. I don’t have the raspberry blast but I do have a frag of the fox flame starting but it hasn’t grown much in a while.
The cophodactyla is actually close to the fox flame as well but I don’t have much to go off of since I haven’t seen many big colonies. What would you say makes that is not the right one for fox flame?

Most A. cophodactyla, I have seen have shorter, wider axial corallites, where as both all the frags and a few colonies of FF I have seen in person have more enlongated conical axials, otherwise.
I agree, both are very close and could be either- or, your guess is as good as mine.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back