OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick pic of the Evo, looking good. Transfer should be happening in the next week or so!
BTA is looking especially bubbly this morning :)
1681843963195.png

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. What light where you using?
In that last picture, the Evo is currently under a Noopsyche k7 mini. The new tank in the office currently has 1 Noopsyche K7 mini and 1 AI Prime 16HD. Once the Evo gets transferred over, I'll have 2 K7 minis and might put the AI prime in the middle to keep SPS on the middle rock.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now for the hardest part. Where am I going to put my undersea AT-AT? It sat so nicely next to the IM 10g on my desk, but there is no extra space on the APS stand...
1681858712596.png
In the tank! Star Wars themed reef!
1681863952334.gif

trophyhimbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now for the hardest part. Where am I going to put my undersea AT-AT? It sat so nicely next to the IM 10g on my desk, but there is no extra space on the APS stand...
1681858712596.png

100% in support of star wars theme tank! barring that, looks like it's small enough to fit nicely on one of the black rims of the wire cover. personally i'd appreciate the extra step of having to remove it to lift the cover so i stop sticking my hands into the tank to fiddle haha

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the tank! Star Wars themed reef!
1681863952334.gif

100% in support of star wars theme tank! barring that, looks like it's small enough to fit nicely on one of the black rims of the wire cover. personally i'd appreciate the extra step of having to remove it to lift the cover so i stop sticking my hands into the tank to fiddle haha

I got this 3D printed stand for the Eheim autofeeder. Could get another one for the AT-AT:
1681944662097.png

Also thought about putting it in with an encrusting SPS frag in a cool color that might cover it over. Like this guy for a Hoth theme:

or maybe this one:

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this 3D printed stand for the Eheim autofeeder. Could get another one for the AT-AT:
1681944662097.png

Also thought about putting it in with an encrusting SPS frag in a cool color that might cover it over. Like this guy for a Hoth theme:

or maybe this one:
Nice. Think a bluish Hoth theme would be neat or maybe one side blue and the opposite Tatooine themed as comtrast

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Think a bluish Hoth theme would be neat or maybe one side blue and the opposite Tatooine themed as comtrast
oh, that sounds interesting. Now just to make space! Didn't forsee a 10g and 13.5g filling up a 40g so quickly!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automated tank is working well so far! Tomorrow will be time for some sand bed rearrangement and fixing the RHS rock structure. Then importing the corals/nems from the Evo next week! :astonished-face:
1682014550493.png

Firefish has made a cave right below him in this picture where he darts in and out. Blenny has picked a few favorite spots to perch so far (blue circles), as well as his barnacle.
1682014718173.png

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1681944662097.png

or maybe this one:
I need one of this stand for Eheim feeder for my tank WB AIO 35.2. Where did you find it please?

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Tank shot with lights off
1682530107782.png

Also leaned that Seachem CoralCrete is complete garbage.
1682530156634.png

Doesn't knead into a putty well, is crumbly and I didn't even bother trying to use it in-tank to cement my rocks together. MIGHT be useful outside of the tank to cement dry rocks together. Pity, $28 down the drain. Trying to donate locally.

On the plus side, Amazon had Two Little Fishies Aquastiks in stock for free overnight AM delivery and I'm set to get this scape finalized so I can start transferring my Evo!

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, it's looking great! Is that a big RFA in the bottom right corner? Blueish-purple with orange around it? Whatever it is it looks incredible.

What do you wanna change about the scape? I rather like it. Cool structure and arches in the back, and lots of low rock and sand in front.

Curious to hear if you like the Little Fishies Aquasticks. I've got a stick that I used some of to help with my rockwork. Didn't get crumbly at all, but I only used it out of water -AND- it took quite a while to cure. I ended up supplementing with some superglue anyway. I may have just been using it incorrectly or impatiently though.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, it's looking great! Is that a big RFA in the bottom right corner? Blueish-purple with orange around it? Whatever it is it looks incredible.

What do you wanna change about the scape? I rather like it. Cool structure and arches in the back, and lots of low rock and sand in front.

Curious to hear if you like the Little Fishies Aquasticks. I've got a stick that I used some of to help with my rockwork. Didn't get crumbly at all, but I only used it out of water -AND- it took quite a while to cure. I ended up supplementing with some superglue anyway. I may have just been using it incorrectly or impatiently though.
Yes! 4 RFAs in the tank so far and 3 in my Evo waiting to get transferred--no idea how to get them off their rocks. They are some of the best inhabitants--easy, colorful and host nem crabs and sexy shrimp.

The rocks in the middle and left are set. The rocks in the right were a larger U-shaped structure that was high in the back and made a little sand bed in the middle. That is all gulf live rock, but it toppled when I tried to move it as one piece from the 10g to the 40g. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The two little fishies is my favorite so far. Tried Seachem (crumbly and hard to knead, very dry, perhaps bad luck), instant ocean (seems to dissolve as you mold it in the water, releasing a teal cloud), and Nyos (worked great out of the water, not tested in-water).

I got the Aquastiks today and put the right rock structure back together. I think the trick is using more than you think you need so you can work it into all the grooves.

Next is rearranging the sand bed corals/rocks and making space for the Evo transfer, which is all more challenging than I thought!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RBTA in the Evo looking particularly bubbly this morning. Can't wait to get it transferred over. Hope it keeps its bubbles!
1682615568768.png

The tux urchin has been wearing this zoa colony as a hat for over a week, now. Zoas don't seem to mind, though!
1682615613094.png

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting from scratch with corals is exciting and fun, and actually not that hard. Tank transfers on the other hand, are a mess! So many corals to organize and place in new locations, new logististics, new flow patterns... During the 10g transfer, I basically dumped the tank in and found temp spots in the sand bed for everything. Now I'm getting space for the Evo to go in, but that requires that I find permanent-ish homes for everything already in the tank!

So, here's my schematic--3 top-down shots of the left, middle and right of the tank--with what's currently in there and what needs to go in still...
1682827265384.png

Then the rearrangement and placement of Evo corals...
1682827335977.png

And there's just too much stuff on the sand bed, so some rocks are going to have to be buried or go into the AIO chambers (which I had hoped to keep clear)...
1682827383570.png

Once this is done, the plan is just to let everything grow... that said, I did just pick up a goldenrod anacropora and a mystique monti cap on Friday...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back