July club meeting: Saturday, 7/18

thefuz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks. Short notice, apologies. We're having our next meeting at dudemeister's place. Let us know in this thread if you're able to attend.

What: July meeting
When: Saturday, July 18, 2015
Time: 1-3PM
Where: Westport (I'll send the address via PM if you reply in this thread)

For those that weren't at the annual meeting last year, here's some info about Mike's awesome tank:

Mixed reef: 125 display, 50 gallon sump, Custom LED's, APEX, skimmer, GFO reactor, ATS.
45 gallon brackish tank with some cichlids and a 4eyed fish.
20 gallon tank species tank with a peacock mantis
Nano reef species tank with another mantis (a spearer!)

(dudemeister, please feel free to update us with any interesting info on how your tank has progressed in the past year!)

Topics: We're open on this one. I think we've all got some great variations on the filtration/flow themes so if anyone wants to step up with specifics on demos, let us know here.

(UPDATE FROM DUDEMEISTER)
The main tank is healthy though I'm looking to add some more fish. I added an Apex auto-feeder which seems to be working out nicely. I also moved my salt water storage to the basement to add volume to that and my RODI storage- now 100 gallons of each. I still need to automate my water changes which is something to talk about at the meeting.

We emptied the brackish tank once the 4eyes passed on. Our peacock also has "left the tank" so we have a very pretty bumble-bee spearer in a 10 gallon tank. We also have a nice nano that is home to a few anemones and assorted corals.

I am looking forward to hosting you all. Hopefully people will be around.

Back