Just for Fun! Name our Shark! Win a PNG Zoa Frag!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best things about having 29 foot long raceways is that we can keep a lot of cool stuff in them! For example, in our last shipment from Papua New Guinea, we received a young 10" long Epualette Shark. We have a few clients with very large aquariums, but we probably won't be parting with her. She cruises comfortably in one of the raceways, and is a joy to watch when she appears, and is a real gentle animal with a great personality. I just happened to catch a glimpse of her tonight as I was checking on some of our Gold Torch Coral mother colonies.

We need a decent name for her, and we're not in a particularly creative name making mood! Maybe you could help out?

photo-62.jpg

Winner gets a free PNG Zoa frag of our choice, shipped right to his/her door!

Contest ends Friday at noon Pacific time. Winner to be announced Friday night! Our crew will take a vote for the best name, and the winner will be PM'd and the zoa sent out next Monday!

Be creative!

Thanks,

Joe and Scott

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deema. I have to credit my daughter for this one. It's the name of one of the mermaids in Bubble Guppies on Nickelodeon.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Rogue not real fitting but sounds cool lol

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mythology, so a quick google search gave me the name Lamia.

Short background on the name: Lamia was a queen that Zeus fell in love with and had children with her. Darn Zeus just had to be a dog and player and is already married and his wife, Hera, got jealous of Zues' affair with Lamia and stole her children. Lamia was devastated, as any mother would be. Zeus granted Lamia power, but the power gave her shape of a shark. So Lamia would mean that she's the queen of the sharks! :)

Or Euphy, short for Epualette. The name makes sense, is cute, and easy to say!

Angel sounds good too, since you said she has such a gentle personality.

Last edited:

Clay4AU

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My immediate thought was "Cookie" but I like "C.C." too. She makes me think of a chocolate chip cookie.

Back