Juvenile purple tang: fin development vs damage and Red Sea vs “normal”

Tangdome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a juvenile purple tang around 1.5 inches I’ve had my eye on for a couple of months now. Looking at its fins I can’t tell if it’s damaged or if the fins just haven’t developed all the way yet because of how young it is. Also is there a difference between a “Red Sea purple tang” and a “purple tang” or is it just a name label that sometimes get added.

E863992B-D185-430E-9988-3AA7824987B6.png
C0CBC6D8-9697-403B-BDAC-3A70A8D42FED.png
Here are some pictures of the purple tang in question. If the fins either just need to grow or heal I’d like to get it, if damaged beyond it repairing I’ll look for another one.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fins are a bit irregular but with good quality goods and water quality it could make a full recovery. I would ask if they would discount the price given the fins but that’s just me.
There is a difference between Red Sea Purples and Purple tangs but it’s mostly just where they were collected.

OP
OP
T

Tangdome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fins are a bit irregular but with good quality goods and water quality it could make a full recovery. I would ask if they would discount the price given the fins but that’s just me.
There is a difference between Red Sea Purples and Purple tangs but it’s mostly just where they were collected.
Thanks was definitely going to see if they would offer a discount with how rough it’s looking.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back