kalwalser help for high ph

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Randy, ecotech versa single dosing pump came to my country and I bought it, my tank is 160 liters, how much should I enter in 24 hours by drip method, there is a daily consumption of 0.5 dkh. I meet this need with AFR. My highest pH level in the reactor connected to the protein skimmer is 8.0. target pH 8.3 to 8.5

If you meet alk consumption by AFR (or any other method), then IMO, there's no room left to dose additional alk (say, by hydroxide) if you do not want alk to rise.

It is true that demand for alk rises as pH rises, yso you may be able to add some and not see too much of an alk rise.

You could replace the AFR entirely with a DIY hydroxide two part.

OP
OP
KÜRŞAT

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you meet alk consumption by AFR (or any other method), then IMO, there's no room left to dose additional alk (say, by hydroxide) if you do not want alk to rise.

It is true that demand for alk rises as pH rises, yso you may be able to add some and not see too much of an alk rise.

You could replace the AFR entirely with a DIY hydroxide two part.
Can't I use both afr and kalkwalseri with the drip method and get the pH to 8.3?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't I use both afr and kalkwalseri with the drip method and get the pH to 8.3?

One cannot say if you can get to any specific pH even using just hydroxide for alk since it depends on other factors, such as the ambient CO2 level in your home air and the degree of aeration.

But I expect it is unlikely you can get a 0.3 pH increase using hydroxide and AFR without raising alkalinity a lot.

OP
OP
KÜRŞAT

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk için sadece hidroksit kullanarak bile belirli bir pH değerine ulaşıp ulaşamayacağınızı söyleyemeyiz çünkü bu, evinizin havasındaki ortam CO2 seviyesi ve havalandırma derecesi gibi diğer faktörlere bağlıdır.

Ancak alkaliniteyi çok fazla yükseltmeden hidroksit ve AFR kullanarak 0,3 pH artışı elde etmenin pek mümkün olmadığını düşünüyorum.
Randy, burada seninle birlikteyken bir sorum var. Tankımın boyutları 24" x 20" x 20" ve akroporlarım 12" derinliğindedir. Işığım xr30 g4 pro sps ab+, %75'te çalıştırıyorum. Sizce çok mu fazla? Parmetrem olmadığı için par rakamlarını bilmiyorum. ışık yüksekliği 8 inç

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, while I'm here with you, I have a question. The dimensions of my tank are 24'' x 20'' x 20'' and my acropores are 12'' deep. My light is xr30 g4 pro sps ab+ I run it at 75%. Do you think it's too much? I don't know the par numbers because I don't have a par meter. height of light 8 inches

Sorry, I cannot provide any useful input on the light levels attained by any of the current crop of lights.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back