OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little more progress. Main pipes ran through wall. Still have to run RO and water change lines in.
4b800fea-12bb-ea69.jpg
4b800fea-12cc-3d7e.jpg

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! This is going to be an awesome build! Looking forward to watching your progress... :bigsmile:

-M&T

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice start, awesome job on everything so far. This is gonna be a beauty, whats your plans for stocking?

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice start, awesome job on everything so far. This is gonna be a beauty, whats your plans for stocking?

Gonna move over the few tangs(Achilles, blues, and yellow) and clowns from my 80 gal and break that down. Then add a few schools of fish (antheius and chromis).

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that sump floor the rhino liner? How was that made.. it looks fantastic! I am really looking forward to the rest of this build! :plane:

Ace25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build Kbra.. nice to see someone taking it slow and doing it right in the area vs all the locals that seem to setup tanks monthly and replace them just as fast.

Off topic.. but you made 2 posts on the local forum before you were kicked off (which was lame, but that is history now), one was that great video you made of your harlequin shrimp eating a starfish in timelapse, the other is your DIY mini fridge chiller. The chiller, I saw a thread a couple days ago with people slamming the idea, but I thought your build looked like it worked ok but since we never got to see the results, just the build, I was curious how it ended up working out for you. Back to the first part, can you post that video on this site of the shrimp eating the starfish? That is such a great video!

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then take more pictures! :p

Have you decided what lights you are going to go with for this monster tank? Have you given thought to DIY?

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then take more pictures! :p

Have you decided what lights you are going to go with for this monster tank? Have you given thought to DIY?

I'll take pictures once they are in place LOL. Unfortunately this weekend will be a bust but updates a start coming soon.

As for lights I might go AI Vegas plus T5s. I had a AI Sol at one point and got good growth but not the best color. So I'm hoping the added spectrum of the Vegas plus some T5 will be efficient and effective

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Looks amazing so far. I love the idea of going slow. Will be tagging along.

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pipes done. Ready for a water test this weekend. Last to be plumbed still is the water change lines and ro.
4b800fea-3a03-f121.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back