Kessil a360x question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60g cube 2’ tank I’m running a single kessil a360x with a 55 degree reflector on it at 13” off water at 100
Corals
Bubble tip anemone at bottom
Elegance
Long tentacle anemone
Sebae anemone
Monti cap
Waving hand xenia
Green finger leather
Everything seems to be fine and opened but was wondering should I lower the light and get better results

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one can answer this with any sort of accuracy. You need to rent a PAR meter and measure/map your tank. Manke any adjustments, and the proceed with measuring and adjusting accordingly

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps the last word in accuracy eludes here without a PAR meter, but a bit of common sense applied may be helpful. I would set the height to the point where the circle of light just touches each side at the sand/bottom. Whether that suffices depends on the specific corals. As a long time 360 user my guess is a single light will be OK for softies and LPS but lacking for SPS. Sebae may be a problem. The Kessil 500 is probably a better choice.

I don’t love the Kessil spots as the sole lighting. I use mine in combination with Radions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 60g cube 2’ tank I’m running a single kessil a360x with a 55 degree reflector on it at 13” off water at 100
Corals
Bubble tip anemone at bottom
Elegance
Long tentacle anemone
Sebae anemone
Monti cap
Waving hand xenia
Green finger leather
Everything seems to be fine and opened but was wondering should I lower the light and get better results
Best measured with meter or response from coral but a PAR test will be best in determining

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to lower light, you still have to look at its habits and adjust it slowly.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back