Kidney Stones

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my first bout with these things. Started last night, stopped on the way to the emergency room, started up again early this morning. I finally went to the ER. I cannot describe the pain to anyone who has not had it. AWFUL.

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been getting these for the last 40+ years. The worst pain I have ever experienced, worse than child birth. I've had 4 surgeries since July for stones.
All I can say is drink lots and lots of water, even after it passes, make it part of your daily routine.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on the size and luck. I had one they said I should have no problems passing and 6 mths later they had to remove it. As mentioned above drink lots of water, cranberry juice.

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
++++ on the water!
I have been lucky and mine have been small and usually pass without to much trouble (knock on wood!!!) but I have seen people in agony from them!

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been getting them since I was about 18. I'm 34 now. I typically have 1-4 a year. Some are worse than others. I've had them where I'm doubled over and can't walk, others are just more like mild back pain. I know what they are now and typically don't go to the doctor but then again my wife is a doctor so she lets me know when she thinks I need to get it checked out. Sorry your dealing with this. :(

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they pass fast sometimes not so fast, it is the ones that obstruct the ureter that cause the severe pain. There are meds that are suppose to help. A prostate drug called Tamulosin that is supposed to help. My first ones were at 10 years old.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
++++ on the water!
I have been lucky and mine have been small and usually pass without to much trouble (knock on wood!!!) but I have seen people in agony from them!
Mine is about 2MM, not sure where the stands on the size for them, but I was in agony this morning. I still haven't passed mine yet.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they pass fast sometimes not so fast, it is the ones that obstruct the ureter that cause the severe pain. There are meds that are suppose to help. A prostate drug called Tamulosin that is supposed to help. My first ones were at 10 years old.

The ER gave me Flowmax (Tamulosin) but the side effects are deterring me.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke me out of a dead sleep, went straight down to my knees where I proceeded to dry heave. The pain was that bad! A trip to the ER and relief. Following day I passed 5 stones! This was 15yrs ago, haven't had them since. Giving birth to my 7lb son was easier!

ruth howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you passed it. I went to the ER a couple of years ago. They said I would pass mine and gave me a shot of Toridal. That worked for a week. I never passed the stone and had to have surgery to remove it. I start my day off with a lot of water. Make yourself drink a lot of water.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back